Rent increase

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 May 2008 6.41pm
I live in Axis Court (East lane, off Bermondsey wall west) in a 1 furnished bedroom of 50sq m, balcony facing the massive cold store wharf, rent is 300pw. Our landlord wants to increase it to 325pw and I'm not happy about it !! I'm considering to move for the rent increase reason and also for the fact that the demolition work of these cold store will start soon. My questions are:
- do you guys know when the demolition work will start in chambers street?
- is the rent increase a good reason to move?
Sunday 11 May 2008 4.07pm
If you fancy slumming it the flat next door to us is on offer. About the same size I think, but on Southwark Park Road so not as nice an area. 225 a week or thereabouts. On with Kalmars.
Sunday 11 May 2008 4.44pm
Thanks for the information, i'll call on monday to visit
how is the area overall?
Sunday 11 May 2008 5.11pm
Fairly vile if I'm honest, but no further from the Tube station, and for a 300 a month saving over the 'nice' bit of BMo I put up with it.

We have the usual noisy kids from the council estates to the West and the North-East, but they generally only seem to have a go at each other. You can always go the back way to the tube up St James' Road if you don't want to walk past them.

Also depends on how you feel socially about living in a development above a shop. Just a chain bookies though, so not smelly or noisy. I'm not selling it very well I know, it's mainly just the price that does that.
Sunday 11 May 2008 6.23pm
ok thanks, worth a visit anyway

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: