Renting a place - HELP

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 15 August 2008 10.39am
Hello All!

I am thinking about renting my place in Bermondsey, it is a big 1-bed flat (I am moving to Yorkshire).

I have never done this so I am not sure how to go about it, I do have a long list of friends that would like to move to my flat but I don't know how much to charge per month.

I will leave the flat totally furnished (just taking my personal items like clothes, DVDs, books, etc).

Are all the bills paid by the tenants or will I have to pay some myself, i.e Council Tax, Service Charge?

If anyone is doing this, I would appreciate if you could let me know. I don't really want to go to an agency as they charge a lot for nothing and I rather rent it to people I know.

Ta very much!
Monday 18 August 2008 7.16pm
For rental price ideas, look on findaproperty or similar for similar flats near yours; work out a pounds per month per square foot rate.

Normally the landlord pays the service charge; sometimes water rates - though not generally if the water is metered; otherwise tenant pays. Set it out in the AST you will sign with your tenant.
Friday 29 August 2008 10.28am
Make sure you get your friends to sign a proper agreement (the AST) so that you know exactly who pays what and when, and what the term of the agreement is.

You can Google for 'Assured Shorthold Tenancy' and it brings up some interesting results. This one looks especially useful even if the web site is crummy:

Thursday 11 September 2008 4.23pm
let me know your adress property type and how many bedroom and i will tell you what the property is worth for rent

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: