Major works department at Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 August 2008 3.38pm
I've been trying for a while to find out who, in the Southwark Walworth area, I would talk to about having security doors and an intercom installed on our building.

The council removed the old doors some time back and we want to get them replaced so we can hopefully restrict who can wander into the building.

Anyone have any good contacts at the council?
Zoe
Wednesday 20 August 2008 7.36pm
Hi John, do you know why the council removed them, was it pending a repair that never happened?
Thursday 21 August 2008 11.00am
I admit I'm assuming it was the council who removed them. It was before I bought my flat in the building. I can see the old frame and where the hinges once were.

I wonder has anyone else gone though trying to get Southwark to install security doors and an intercom system.
Thursday 21 August 2008 11.21am
well, first you have to get the anti-social behaviour unit and the police to recognise that there is a problem with unwelcome visitors and give you there backing, then you have to get the approval of your neighbours (probably through you Tenants' and Residents' association - which you may have to set up yourself) and only then might Southwark start to look at finding the money to carry out the work. It took us five years! Sorry to be negative, but that's how it was for us!!
Zoe
Thursday 21 August 2008 5.10pm
Jaybee is right, it is hard. However, I think you should ask your neighbours about the old doors, try to find out what went on before. Is there anything in your flat to show that there was once a door entry system?

You need to get your councillors involved, and set up a TRA whatever, you need one to get Southwark to listen to you on any issue.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: