Shared ownership in Amisha Court, Grange Road?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 14 September 2008 10.35am
hey guys

sometime since I posted but thats because I rather stupidly left SE1!
I moved to London in 1999 and lived in SE1 all that time. Last November I decided that we needed a bigger flat. I was living in Shad Thames and couldn`t afford more in the are ao I decamoed to SW4.
Whilst I adore the new flat I miss SE1 terribly.
I had absolutely no idea i was that attached to it till I left.
I hadn`t realised how much living where i did meant so so much to my life.
So, I want to be able to walk to the river in minutes again, trundle round borough market 2-3 times a week like i used to and generally come home.
I'm contemplating a flat on the shared ownership scheme in Amisha court on Grange Road.
Back in 2000 I lived in skyline court for 1 year, the area was not so great then because of the problems at the Final Furlong etc but its much better now. I still loved it even then.
What info can any SE1-ers give me about Amisha Court?
I know next to nothing, except where it is.
Good points, bad points, etc all welcome.
I haven`t viewed yet, got an appointment on Wednesday

Thanks guys!
Monday 29 September 2008 3.44pm
I haven't been inside the building, but from the outside it looks fairly decent (I quite like the architecture) with decent sized rooms according to their web site. The cafe on the ground floor will be a nice addition and I am told it will 'definitely not be a greasy spoon' (if you are concerned about smells, etc.). The new Spa park is also ace and just a 30 second stroll.

I'd definitely take a look.

No trouble in this area so far as I am aware and I do walk back late a night quite often. Where is/was the Final Furlong? Was it a trouble spot?
Tuesday 30 September 2008 6.44pm
the final furlong stood on the site of amisha court, it was demolished to make way for it. The place was a pub, but it wasn`t a good one, lots of fighting outside and drug dealers/paraphenalia.
I did look at amisha court and I must say its very nice, the fittings are top notch and the standard really really high, teh bedrooms are good sizes but the living rooms are tiny. Really odd shapes and just teeny tiny in the 2 I saw, shame I really love the area.
Saturday 18 October 2008 3.06pm
Hi, first post here but have been enjoying the site for at least 2 yrs now- thanks!

I am living around the corner from the Amisha building and walk past very frequently. I like the architecture now that it's done (though was a bit concerned during the construction phase), and believe it is a positive addition to the area. Flat's look nice based on the website, and I was surprised how quickly some of the flats appeared to be rented after it opened - unlike the Bermondsey Square or Hyde's St James Square.

I like living here, close to bermondsey street and shad thames but also a short walk to old kent road, an area with a distinctly different feel to it. The park is a big plus. Being a little closer to London Bridge would have been nice but at least the walk is pleasant, and there is a price difference between say leathermarket square (or shad thames) and grange road that I find not entirely justified.

No connection to any of the properties mentioned above (or any property company/estate agent for that matter).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: