Falling rents?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 18 September 2008 3.06pm
Interesting news article for anyone who's about to move or renegotiate their rent:

London rental market feels early impact of Lehman collapse

As we're a bit of a City enclave, I'd imagine SE1 would be one of the first affected by the City falling into a black hole.
Friday 19 September 2008 10.32am
And then the pressure on Lloyds TSB to keep as many jobs as possible in Edinburgh when they take over HBOS presumably means more redundancies at their EC1 office. Ho hum.

I'm still paying October 2006 rent, and touchwood no sign of an attempt to increase it. I can't imagine I'd manage to haggle it down.
Friday 19 September 2008 2.24pm
Great link. Might be useful to me, I think. Thanks a lot.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 19 September 2008 5.11pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Great link. Might be useful to me, I think. Thanks a lot.

Great - hope you get a good deal.

Damn it feels good to be a renta!
Wednesday 8 October 2008 11.33am
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/construction_and_property/article4828318.ece
Link to another story (25th Sept)saying that residential rents are falling in London.

Hooray! Down with the house-hoarders!!! B*gger the BTL-ers ;0))

Friday 10 October 2008 1.58pm
"The most resilient areas for rental values were in Central West, Central South West and South Bank, City & Docklands, with falls of between -0.1 per cent and -0.7 per cent."
http://www.findaproperty.com/displaystory.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&storyid=22618

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 October 2008 2.02pm
But still falling, which is good news.
Monday 13 October 2008 10.24am
Ivanhoe wrote:
Down with the house-hoarders!!! B*gger the BTL-ers

I really don't understand this one. Home ownership as a proportion of the population in the last year or so was the highest it has ever been.
Monday 13 October 2008 3.09pm
But that doesn't mean that houses are more affordable (it largely means that over the last few years people have been able to find lax lenders and to self-certify income), or that repossessions on these houses will not swing your statistic the other way.

Nor does it make it an admirable thing to do for one person to have several houses whilst others can't afford one.

Monday 13 October 2008 8.54pm
And, in fact, all those liar loans have pushed up prices to ridiculous levels, thus completely pricing the prudent among us out of the market.

I'm with Ivanhoe - down with the people-farming scumlords!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: