Communal areas of council properties

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 17 October 2008 2.19pm
I am a leaseholder of my council home, and am fairly fed up now of the deteriorating quality of the external areas of the flat. Things like communal areas are my main concern, especially the lack of a communal entrance (que scene of loads of kids hanging about on stair ways, making a mess, urinating, etc).

I would like to know if anyone has any experience of getting improvements in place? I know I'm knocking on the door of Section 20 hell but I am prepared to pay for improvements rather than have none at all.

Thanks

Charlie
(SE16 neighbour, but I work and eat in SE1! hope you don;t mind!)
Wednesday 22 October 2008 12.21pm
Well, maybe we live in the same place, I am not really using my lift, rather use the stairs, they are usually urinating on them most days, not sure why this seems to be very common in this country?

hopefully soon they will installing new entryphone systems, CCTV, etc.. but that will cost me probably tens of thousand of pounds. pah!
Thursday 23 October 2008 12.50pm
The first reason is lack of public toilets, but I honestly don't expect any in residential areas. Rather, kids don't want to go back home to use their own loos for various reasons (parents might tell them to stay in, they may be some distance away from home, etc) and so they do it on our stairs where no-one is looking.

If they knocked on my door and asked to use my loo I wouldn't mind, better that then in the lift or communal stairs! Although I'd probably be accused of kidnapping or something silly like that after.

I'm going to the next Community Council meeting to raise a public question on the matter of entryphone systems (they are Lib Dems and I did vote for them afterall!).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: