I need a flat to rent, SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 16 November 2008 6.43pm
Hello everyone, what a great site. I am trying to move to SE1 in the new year to rent a place. We need one bedroom plus a study space (small 2nd bedroom or large one bedroom with alcove or similar would suffice) and parking options with 1500pcm ex bills to spend. Location, withing short walk from London Bridge, is very important. Having looked on the net over the weekend Hastings International seem to be advertising 'tenants move in for free!' in shad thames (my favourite area) and I was wondering if that meant without putting down a deposit? I will probably have this answered when I call them on Monday but if anyone has any advice about this let me know. Myself and my partner are both very honest professionals (easily checked out as I am a journalist) and it would be great not to have to get together that deposit. If anyone knows of anything available or has any advice please do let me know!
Monday 17 November 2008 12.03pm
Oh well.. I am renting my flat as from 4th January as I am relocating to North of England, but it is not not 'near' London Bridge but in Bermondsey (3 mins walk to tube station, about 15mins walk to London Bridge).

IT is a big 1 bed flat.

You can also have a look at Oppida for some other 1 bed flats.

Tuesday 18 November 2008 12.06am
Hi there,

We are moving out of the flat we rent in The Jam Factory and need to find a tenant in order to move - we would be happy to accomodate time wise. The flat is very large and I work from home and have set up mini office in the large hallway we have. The rent is 385 per week and it is a really great place to live. The flat has lots of exposed brick and has a 24hour concierge. It is a short walk to London Bridge and equal distance to Borough tube, also just by the entrance are bus stops which can take you to Tottenham Court Road in no time. If I can be on any help please let me know.

Tuesday 18 November 2008 6.07pm
Hi there,

To be honest, I think you're going to struggle to find the size you want for the price you want to pay in Shad Thames. Don't be afraid of Bermondsey - it's a great place to live!

The transport links are fab - the number 1 goes all the way to TCR in no time, you're just as close to London Bridge tube as Shad Thames and you've got Bermondsey Street, Bermondsey Square development with the new cinema, members club etc.

Ok...I am am interested party... I've got a large 700 square foot 1 bedder to rent just off of Tower Bridge Road. We built a walk in wardrobe in the bedroom which you could use as an office, or the lounge is big enough you could definitely set up an area.

The rent is 1200 PCM and January works really well to our time-scales.

PM me if you're interested or if I can help any other way.

Tuesday 18 November 2008 10.55pm
Hi There.

I think I may have a solution for you if you would like to live in SE15. I have 2 bedroom flat, sitting room, double glazing, large bathroom, separate WC and large kitchen. The place is spotless. The flat is on the third floor. There was a major building work done a month ago. The building is just off Old Kent Road. You have a range of buses going to London Bridge. I will not say much about the place, come and discover for yourself. I am planning to move to Essex in January. I you are interested, please reply.
Tuesday 25 November 2008 5.44pm
Hi there we have a flat in Shad Thames that will be available to rent in mid December. It fits your criteria except you may have to be creative re the study space (both the bedroom and main room are large by Shad thames standards). Let me know via the forum if you are interested
Tuesday 25 November 2008 6.00pm
I never cease to be amazed. 1,500 pcm - so 18k pa. That's a load of money - if higher rate taxpayers, that's 44k of taxed income - suggesting a combined income into 6 figures. Yet not able to provide 1,500 of deposit.
Tuesday 25 November 2008 6.06pm

As you are so amazed you must have a lot more savings than most of us available. Maybe you could lend me the cash....?
Thursday 3 December 2009 8.37pm
We have a 1 bedroom on the river facing St Paul's by Tate Modern, 1200 month. Mark and Alison
Wednesday 16 December 2009 4.36pm
I'm looking for a 3-4 month short term let (2 bedroom) anywhere in the London area for two professionals/colleagues. Immediate (17/12/09)occupancy and ideally around SE1. Any ideas?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: