Anglican Parish church in Blackfriars Road.
The parish of Christ Church Southwark was formed in 1670. The boundary is the same as the riverside Paris Garden mentioned by Shakespeare in his play Henry VIII as being a disreputable place.
The first church sank into the boggy ground and had to be rebuilt. Today's post-war (1959) rebuild is much lovelier inside than out. It is the only church with a stained glass window featuring a Sainsbury's shopping trolley.
The current Rector is Revd Jonathan Coore.
The John Marshall Hall is available for hire for meetings, classes and rehearsals.