The George Inn
London's last remaining galleried coaching inn, now protected by the National Trust.
Sadly only the south side remains, the rest of the inn having been demolished for the construction of warehouses by the Great Northern Railway.
The George Inn has an outdoor seating area.
Tel: (020) 7407 2056
Fax: 020 7403 6956
Nearest tube station: London Bridge (260 yards)
Is this info up-to-date? If not, let us know
News & features about The George Inn
- Shakespeare's Local: the George Inn's place in Southwark history (4 Dec 2012)
- Charles Dickens - The Sparkler of Albion at The George Inn (20 Jul 2007)
- London Eye turns pink to celebrate civil partnerships (22 Dec 2005)
- Bankside businesses get behind The Canterbury Tales (8 Jul 2005)
- The Canterbury Tales - from the George to the Cathedral (4 Jul 2005)
Forum discussions about The George Inn
- George Inn refurbishment
- Pub with outside space
- Ideas for places to visit in SE1 for a team building treasure hunt
- Funny and not so funny comments you have heard tourists make.
- Southwarks Yellow Discs
- Ghosts II
- Improving Borough High Street
- Canterbury Tales
- Twelfth Night: 400 or 500 people on Bankside
- Meeting Venue
- pubs/restaurants Waterloo