The Anchor Bankside
The Anchor - which dates from 1775 - was refurbished in 2008 and now features a fish & chip shop.
The Anchor's association with Samuel Johnson is recalled by Dr Johnson's Tea Room on the corner of Bank End and Bankside.
There is also a coffee shop service hot drinks, bacon rolls and ice creams.
From the huge outside seating area you get a great view of both St Paul's and Tower Bridge.
The Anchor Bankside has an outdoor seating area.
Tel: (020) 7407 1577
Fax: 020 7407 7023
Nearest tube station: London Bridge (548 yards)
Is this info up-to-date? If not, let us know
News & features about The Anchor Bankside
- 14 remarkable local women depicted in mosaic at Morley College (3 Jul 2012)
- Queen's Diamond Jubilee Weekend in SE1: Sunday 3 June 2012 (3 Jun 2012)
- 4 hotels and 850 rooms to open in 500 metres before Olympics (15 Apr 2012)
- Man stabbed on Thames Path at Bankside: police appeal for witnesses (25 Mar 2012)
- Local photographer Steve Hollingshead launches 2012 London calendar (4 Dec 2011)