Formerly known as: The New Cut
Shops & services
Food & Drink
- The Anchor & Hope
- Byron Hamburgers
- Caffe Nero
- Capital Kebab House
- Costa Coffee
- Culture Grub
- The Cut Bar & Restaurant
- Food & Flowers at The Cut
- Freshcut Sandwich Bar
- Juice Stop Internet Cafe
- Meson Don Felipe
- The Old Vic Pit Bar
- Pret a Manger
- Southbank Tandoori
- Spice of India
- The Windmill Tavern
In the news
- Man arrested for attempted murder in Sainsbury's Local in The Cut
26 Aug 2014
- Homeless Londoners perform on Young Vic stage
25 Aug 2014
- Thames cutter crews compete in Port of London Challenge
24 Jul 2014
- KCL staff & students march from Waterloo to Guy's in jobs protest
10 Jul 2014
- Artist and activist Veronica Planton remembered at Waterloo exhibition
6 Jul 2014
- Protests mount over King's College London academic job cuts
25 Jun 2014
- Cutting from Lambeth Palace fig tree presented to Pope Francis
24 Jun 2014
- Homes, shops and restaurants suffer power cut in The Cut
11 Jun 2014
- Tesco Express opens in The Cut
3 Jun 2014
- Tesco Express to open next to Sainsbury's Local in Waterloo Road
18 May 2014
- Principal of troubled LeSoCo college quits
13 May 2014
- LeSoCo wins go-ahead for Waterloo campus revamp and new homes
6 Apr 2014
- Paddy Power threatens legal challenge to betting shop clampdown
18 Mar 2014
- Planners veto 7-storey tower opposite The Old Vic
7 Mar 2014
- Supermarket war in Great Suffolk Street as Sainsbury's takes on Tesco
27 Jan 2014
- Waterloo: put your bin out at wrong time and face £1,000 fine
24 Jan 2014
- New Saturday food market to launch in Lower Marsh
23 Jan 2014
- LeSoCo FE college to challenge Ofsted's 'inadequate' verdict
17 Jan 2014
- Styles House residents set up tenant management organisation
13 Jan 2014
- Southwark Fire Station closes after 135 years
9 Jan 2014
- Tesco Express opens in Baylis Road, Waterloo
26 Nov 2013
- Sainsbury's Local opens in Blackfriars Road
18 Nov 2013
- Awards for NT's Shed and Southwark Playhouse
5 Nov 2013
- Council delays decision on sale of Styles House homes in The Cut
16 Oct 2013
- Old Vic theatre plans major restoration project
9 Oct 2013
- TfL seeks developer for 'big building' above Southwark Station
9 Oct 2013
- Fight to save Southwark Fire Station reaches the High Court
4 Oct 2013
- Council could sell homes on The Cut to make way for office block
4 Oct 2013
- Southwark Fire Station could shut by January
13 Sep 2013
- Firefighters hold City Hall protest against cuts
11 Sep 2013
- Tesco Express to open new stores in The Cut and Baylis Road
8 Aug 2013
- Firefighters march on Union Street against cuts
18 Jul 2013
- LeSoCo college plans to sell part of Waterloo campus for housing
16 Jul 2013
- Southwark to make it more difficult to open a payday loan shop
14 Jul 2013
- Lower Marsh becomes a Fantasy High Street
5 Jul 2013
- Communities minister visits Leathermarket JMB
26 Jun 2013
- Thames cutter crews compete in Admiral of the Port's Challenge
17 Jun 2013
- Leathermarket JMB scoops national award for pioneering work
12 Jun 2013
- Motorcyclist injured in Blackfriars Road collision
7 Jun 2013
- Six fire engines at McLaren House blaze
1 Jun 2013
- Sainsbury's to open opposite Tesco in Great Suffolk Street
31 May 2013
- Sainsbury's Local to open in Blackfriars Road
9 May 2013
- Neighbourhood plan for South Bank and Waterloo gains momentum
26 Apr 2013
- New mobile market stall unveiled in Waterloo
23 Apr 2013
- LeSoCo: new name for further education in Southwark and Lewisham
14 Apr 2013
- Shard attraction pays no business rates due to bureaucratic logjam
14 Apr 2013
- Pedestrian in critical condition after Waterloo Road taxi collision
16 Mar 2013
- South Bank and Bankside in neighbourhood planning turf war
3 Mar 2013
- SE1 window-breaker has struck more than 70 times, say police
2 Mar 2013
- Duchess of Cornwall visits Garden Museum
13 Feb 2013
- Boris orders fire authority to press on with Southwark Fire Station closure consultation
30 Jan 2013
- Firefighters hold anti-cuts demo in Union Street
21 Jan 2013
- Artists' playful reinventions of the London Underground roundel
8 Nov 2012
- Southwark Fire Station closure threat: petition launched
6 Nov 2012
- Southwark Labour cabinet members and anarchists join TUC march
20 Oct 2012
- Car Free Day: pop-up garden created in Waterloo loading bay
22 Sep 2012
- Christian Aid brings Tax Justice Bus to Waterloo
17 Sep 2012
- New electric car charging point in Horselydown Lane
3 Aug 2012
- Waterloo gets £100,000 'Portas pilot' cash from Mayor of London
25 Jul 2012
- Southwark College quiz raises £3000 for FareShare charity
26 Jun 2012
- Baltic restaurant evacuated after Sunday lunchtime kitchen fire
24 Jun 2012
- Sainsbury's Local opens in The Cut
15 Jun 2012
- Leathermarket JMB could get self-financing status
20 May 2012
- Premier Food & Wine's alcohol licence revoked
9 May 2012
- Palm Sunday procession at Borough Market
1 Apr 2012
- Public bicycle pump installed in Kennington Road
23 Mar 2012
- Sainsbury's gets go-ahead for convenience store in The Cut
1 Feb 2012
- Community councils: Labour 'punishing' voters in Lib Dem wards claims MP
29 Jan 2012
- Council leader orders replacement of cut-down Tooley Street flags
21 Dec 2011
- Calder Bookshop's "anti-business approach" triumphs at shop awards
10 Dec 2011
- Electric car charging points now available in Magdalen Street and The Cut
25 Nov 2011
- Closure of London Fire Brigade Museum is "ill-conceived" says authority member
14 Nov 2011
- Boris Johnson visits Jubilee Gardens for ground-breaking ceremony
19 Oct 2011
- Cyclist injured in Blackfriars Road scooter collision
7 Oct 2011
- Lower Marsh Market: a new era begins
7 Oct 2011
- Sainsbury's Local to open in The Cut
20 Sep 2011
- RIOTS: No major incidents
10 Aug 2011
- Livebait wins extension to opening hours
8 Aug 2011
- Living Memory exhibition at Bargehouse
5 Aug 2011
- SE1 to get two more electric vehicle charging points
18 Jul 2011
- Car-shaped bike rack migrates from Lower Marsh to The Cut
15 Jul 2011
- Public sector strike: march and picket lines in SE1
30 Jun 2011
- Irvine Sellar opens new Southwark College shops in The Cut
19 Jun 2011
- Shard on show in Royal Academy's Summer Exhibition
12 Jun 2011
- Southwark College gets go-ahead for florist, cafe & salon on The Cut
18 Apr 2011
- Octavia Hill Estates sale is "end of affordable housing in Waterloo" says MP
24 Mar 2011
- Kate Hoey MP joins residents for 'save our shops' protest in The Cut
12 Mar 2011
- Alcohol-related violence on the up in Borough and Bankside
10 Mar 2011
- Councillors to investigate social and economic impact of the Shard
8 Mar 2011
- Waterloo Quarter BID wins second term
2 Mar 2011
- Southwark's budget debate: hear what SE1 councillors had to say
23 Feb 2011
- BOST welcomes Southwark's change of heart on ecology cuts
18 Feb 2011
- GP-led urgent care centre to open at Guy's Hospital this summer
17 Feb 2011
- Blackfriars Settlement: cuts "could have a very dramatic effect"
13 Feb 2011
- Bankside Open Spaces Trust urges council to rethink 78 per cent cut to ecology grants
13 Feb 2011
- Guy's Hospital accused of 'winding down' minor injuries unit
10 Feb 2011
- Thames Clippers can't fit underneath Blackfriars Railway Bridge at high tide
19 Nov 2010
- Waterloo Quarter BID asks firms to back second five year term
9 Nov 2010
- Guy's minor injuries unit still shutting at 4pm six months after 'temporary' cut
17 Sep 2010
- Hundreds of firefighters march through Waterloo streets
16 Sep 2010
On the forum
- Squatters in 16-18 Marshalsea Road
- Cyclists V motorists Vpedestrians part 638
- small washing machine
- Planning for people who live in Southwark now
- Tesco Long Lane - rip-off alert
- 20 mph speed limit not for Bikes
- Lost 3-legged cat - Waterloo area
- Tesco / Sainsbury's
- France v Germany tomorrow
- Blackfriars Road refuge
- Power Cut - The Cut (Ironically)
- Dare I even whisper it ;-)
- LESOCO Construction on The Cut
- Massage on The Cut (Yong Kang Health Centre)
- Coffee in Waterloo
- Peter John's Leaders Statement 27th May
- RESTURANT /TAKE AWAY SPACE IN SE1
- ANOTHER Tesco?!?
- Llewellyn Fine Art 124 The Cut
- Power cuts and service outages
- C10 passengers revolt
- Dry Cleaner near Stamford St
- London's first Open Streets event
- Disposal of old pc - Help!
- Costa Coffee on Walworth Road
- Homes & Pub to be knocked down on Blackfriars Road
- Pedestrian crossing Tower Bridge Road / Abbey Street
- Cycling in Central London
- Massage Parlour on The Cut
- Tesco, The Cut, SE1
- Premier food and wine on The Cut?
- Developers have approached the council to buy another block of flats
- Need a good hairdresser
- Stolen Bikes
- Just a Pic of Squatters taking over the disused office building on Joan street
- Supermarket overcharging
- Another shop on Lower Marsh scheduled for closure?
- Dog Fouling the footpaths and green areas.
- Are 10000 new council homes in Southwark enough?
- Southwark Liberal Democrats - your thoughts on Transport & Environment
- Walworth Surplus Store
- Need a washing machine fixed - AVOID
- Union Street "exceptional says it all"
- serious RTA the cut junction blackfriars road
- Dog walkers of SE1 - advice needed please .
- Why are there so few coffee shops in SE1?
- Exhibition of Barratt's major development of Blackfriars Rd.
- Fresh Grimsby Fish
- Vandalised trees
- French Restaurant Coming to the Street
- Dog on top of a lamp post ??
- Closure of Southwark Fire Station-Public Consultation
- Co-op in Southwark Bridge Road
- Elliott's Row Conservation Area
- The Elephant: Can You Recognise It From These Pictures?
- Public bicycle pump in Kennington Road
- Power Cut, Nelson Square
- Dog mess on Union Street
- Vandalism in Tabard Park by the council!
- Broken windows around Union Street area
- Tesco Tooley Street New Tills
- Bells of SE1
- Council Tax cuts
- Cat found in Southwark SE1
- Brunch 12 people this Sunday
- Picture framing
- If it happened tomorrow how would you fare?
- Which SE1 pub is your local?
- Use of a wet tile saw
- Christmas lights on Waterloo Road
- Waterloo Bar and Grill closed down
- Exciting news Pret to open in BHS
- Reliable Jewellers
- Burritos - Blackfriars Road
- Yet another Sainsbury's
- The Siege of The Elephant: Convergence against gentrification of The Elephant Nov 17th 2012
- Advice on plants to grow on a dead tree
- Changes to council tax benefits
- Moonraker noise
- Dry Cleaners close to Waterloo
- Early Morning bottle collection - Hatfields
- Moving to Great Dover Street
- Plant Massacre
- Metal inspection covers on New Kent Road
- Critical Mass
- Council Spitefully Vandalise Heygate Community Gardens
- Olympic Lanes
- Motorbike noise? Reporting?
- Best Butchers!
- Suspicious activity around City Walk / Vesta Court area
- Small fire on The Cut
- Greet Street/The Cut bombing 17.04.41
- Road closures for Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant
- HERITAGE WATCH SE1 and SE17
- Premier Food & Wine's alcohol licence revoked
- Ladies Hair Do
- Bomb damage The Ring SE1
- New barbershop on Great Suffolk Street
- Pie and mash
- Byrons Burgers on the cut
- Postage Increase
- Recommendations for Pedicure in SE1?
- Looking for a Man with a Van
- SE1 vs East North of the river
- Electrical Repairs - E&C
- Light bulbs
- Livebait (The Cut) closed down
- Muna's Grill
- Community Council Mergers good or bad idea??
- Insult from Southwark Council
- Noisy/Polluting Unmarked Aircraft/Helicopters
- Dr Salter statue stolen reward!
- Parks in SE1
- Where To Watch The Rugby In SE1
- Sainsburys in the Cut
- New Barbershop
- Riots - updates and is everyone OK?
- Faith in Human Nature
- Salon, SE1
- Noise from Isabella Street
- simon hughes fighting our corner
- UFO above Southwark Bridge Road
- Pensioners social clubs - anything left?
- Very Hot: What's council doing?
- Fox behind The Young Vic
- Reed.. Agora... Paddy power... Coral.. As bad as an high street can get
- Have the council finally lost it?
- Borough Market traders evicted
- Bicycle wheel theft - Why?
- Tescos delivery Bermondsey
- Free school meals for all pupils in Southwark despite cuts
- Cleaning Services Cuts in Southwark
- Anti-Cuts March 26th March
- Attacked this morning - any SE1 witnesses?
- Closing down sale - kitchen shop - The Cut
- Simon Hughes not present at forest sell-off vote
- Dickens Square
- Cheap bite out
- Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre to endure
- Yet another Tesco!
- Police, Blackfriars Road
- Laundrette closure on The Cut
- mobile fishmonger
- Late Dining in SE1
- Ideas for places to visit in SE1 for a team building treasure hunt
- Tesco deliveries in SE1 area
- Hate to Post it-but THE POST
- Places to eat near Travelodge Waterloo
- Could Borough High Street be more pleasant?
- Moving to SE1
- Travelodge Southwark and children
- Lower Marsh redevelopment - scandal
- Changing of Blackfriars station name
- General questions about Southwark
- Food hygiene in restaurants etc.
- Looking for a childminder
- Car scratch repair
- The Cut - New Shops
- Removing traffic lights
- Railway Tunnel Westminster Bridge Road
- Cycle Repair - Druid Cycles
- Simon Hughes - new Lib Dem Deputy Leader
- Papa Johns takeaway right on Tower Bridge Road at 168a
- Does anybody know where i could buy ribbon?
- Part/Full Time Job? Bar or Office..? I'm good!!!
- Well done Millwall
- Quick question re vegetable stall in Lower Marsh
- Southwark Travelodge - anywhere good to eat nearby?
- Models still needed for charity!
- Glass attack in Baltic restaurant
- Be a model for charity in SE1
- Labour's London Borough Lambwark!
- Helium Balloon/Card Shop
- Great Dover Street
- Never-ending 'streetworks'
- Strange Signs and Portents
- A good hard working MP
- Arrows, arrows, everywhere!
- Noise at night in Tennis Street
- Seville oranges
- Three-legged cat out in the cold!
- Christmas Eve Dinner?
- Christmas Wreath
- Early life in Bermondsey
- Emma Cons pavement
- 35mm photo processing and printing - any recommendations please
- How can YOU improve SE1?
- Students escorted from LCC premises
- Bermondsey Square food market
- How many on here shop down East Street Market
- Largish plant pots required
- Pub reviews
- What was going on this afternoon?
- Kindness in SE1
- Conman fleecing public money Alert!!
- Kids eating in SE1
- Loitering men - dispersal area
- 80 year old father (orphanage in Union Street)
- Â£3.95 for a slice of Cheese???
- police with machine guns were just running up and down union st
- Bookstores in SE1?
- What's your favourite road name in SE1?
- Broken traffic lights
- Street works on The Cut and Waterloo Road
- Reasonable priced placed where you can eat?
- Want a wormery? Have mine
- Waterloo East - new entrance
- New restaurant in former Goode Foods shop, 104 Tooley Street
- Bermondsey Square Hotel area
- Hair Cuts
- English Bull Terrier found on The Cut
- Which pub should I go to in SE1?
- A2 Great Dover Street
- Supermarkets in SE1?
- Has anyone had any post since the snow?
- Cheap alterations, trouser hemming
- Babysitter wanted
- Birds in SE1
- Southwark Council to refuse licenses
- Blackfriars Road local social history in the Daily Mail
- Small party/gathering!
- Christmas Trees
- Greensmiths Lower Marsh - new supermarket!
- Lost Tabby, South Bank & The Cut
- Between The Bridges A Photo Essay On Webber St
- Horse drawn carriages in Waterloo!
- Plumbing problem expert advice needed
- Recommendations for Party Venues...
- Beggars Waterloo/Borough
- Fire Station and the pavement
- Looking for a Cozy Coffee Shop
- Sorry - where exactly is this air raid sign?
- Open House, this weekend
- Peabody Buildings Roupell/Duchy Street
- Looking for Christmas party venue for 100-150
- Mens Haircut/Grooming in SE1
- 43-46 Blackfriars Road - 75-metre hotel and office building
- The Libertine
- Motorbike noise
- People injecting themselves with drugs in the park
- Digging up The Cut?
- Best Place for a guinness?
- The best restaurant in SE1
- Big grobags = temporary allotment
- Birthday Venue
- Best pubs in SE1
- Spanish Intercambio?
- Vegan restaurant near Waterloo
- One for the girls...
- Veggie Roast
- Badminton Courts
- Quiet space to write in
- Wind turbines on Colombo House - Blackfriars Road telephone exchange
- Waterloo Trilogy
- Clothing repairs and alterations
- Fun pub or gastropub near Southwark/Waterloo/Borough?
- Mar i Terra
- Up on the roof or at the top ........
- Good Indian
- Good and bad customer service in SE1
- Looking for shop to rent
- Info on The Cut needed
- Furniture shopping
- Mayoral Election.
- Leake Street
- Should I - Nelson Square?
- Looking for a local acupuncturist
- Cyclist/lorry collision Tooley St/London Bridge junction Monday morning
- Is Kwan Thai any good?
- Anyone know a good secondhand furniture shop?
- EV delicatessen wine - a horror!
- Does anyone else live near Hill House, Blackfriars Rd.?
- Hair and beauty salons
- Where to buy kitchen appliances around SE1?
- New Kent Rd cycle path - PLS USE IT!!!
- Scandinavian paint shop / cafe
- DVD rental shop
- Food - Italian (Arancia)
- Fresh bread - Sunday morning
- Air Ambulance on Webber St.
- Bermondsey Street Thames Water works
- Moving down to London SE11
- Ray's Ristorante pizzeria
- Rubbish collection at 06.30hrs???
- Lost cat??
- Unilever House and views of St Paul's
- Palestra, Blackfriars Road
- Andrew Brown - Bermondsey Street
- Haircut prices?
- Thai Silk Restaurant - Good for Group Booking?
- Civil partnership party venues
- Language courses
- Calder Bookshop
- Good place in SE1 for Sunday lunch?
- Southwark / Elephant & Castle supermarkets?
- Farmers market in Lower Marsh
- Ufford Street and surrounding streets, Waterloo
- Homeless people and drugs problem outside St John's church, Waterloo
- Eccles Place, SE1
- Magdalen restaurant on Tooley Street - sounds good!
- The Ring
- The best pudding in SE1?
- Living near Blackfriars Road
- Cycling - South Bank
- Southbank Tandoori - The Cut
- More shopping excitement in Lower Marsh
- Is there one decent bike shop in SE1?
- Southwark Street crossing near Bear Lane
- Blue men over Maya House
- The Cut Bar and Restaurant......
- Young Vic
- Tailors in SE1
- Elephant and Castle advice
- Best restaurants in SE1
- Stopping the cyclists at More London
- Bike Theft
- Observer review by Jay Rayner
- Tesco Elephant food safety
- Learning Italian
- Celeb sightings in SE1
- Community offers - free Q&A and tickets
- Hairdresser near Delfina on Bermondsey Street
- Improving Borough High Street
- Jumper on The Cut
- Urban Foxes in SE1
- Takeaway tonight - recommendations?
- Football in the park
- What will happen to Waterloo.......?
- Clothing alterations: I want to get fitted up
- SE 1........Used To Be Brilliant....
- The Old Vic Annexe - Listed
- Muggings on Monday night....
- Tooley Street lapdancing club
- Good Coffee in SE1
- Waterloo Development Framework
- Sundays in Borough Market
- Bermondsey Abbey Archaeological Dig
- Where to buy a Christmas tree?
- Best place for special meal
- Where to eat near Old Vic
- Information on Stantley House, Frazier Street
- Pub grub
- A treat for a lady?
- Recommendations for weekend breakfast venue?
- Old Blackfriars Station in SE1
- The White Hart
- The Secret Garden of the Elephant
- Bars and Restaurants in SE1
- Laughing Gravy
- Palestra: opposite Southwark station
- All Hallows Church, Copperfield Street
- Street Drinkers in Flat Iron Square
- Caffe Nero comes to The Cut: what next?
- Walking down Hatfields at night
- Part-time nanny
- Good food in Waterloo Road
- Pizza vending machine installed in The Cut
- Men's haircuts - prices, recommendations
- Brindisa Tapas Bar
- SE1 Launderettes
- Gyros in SE1?
- Hair Salon - Affordable Highlights?
- Decent place in SE1 for work Christmas lunch
- Ev: new Tas restaurant off Hatfields
- Ideas for holding a Festival
- Oh great. Another Pizza restaurant for Shad Thames...
- 1 Blackfriars Road [Beetham Tower/Jumeirah Hotel]
- Hablamos Espanol (un pocito)
- Lock-up Garage?
- Need a supermarket after 5pm on a Sunday?
- Bad service - cab companies
- I'm a Stranger Here Myself
- Thai food
- Blackfriars Bridge Fatality
- Bogus charity collector - river walkway
- The Hartley: superb food and ...
- The Secret Garden of the Elephant...
- Meson don Felipe
- Mural or vandalism?
- Greengrocers' apostrophies
- Anchor & Hope gastropub gets rave review
- After hours take-aways in SE1?
- Where can I get late post collection in SE1?
- Waterloo traffic