Letterforms are no practical joking matter, but they can be fun.
With a first chance to see Wim Crouwel: A graphic odyssey, be inspired to graphically design your way around the museum.
Take part in hands on workshops and compile your own A is for alphabet compendium. M is for the usual myriad of things to do throughout the galleries including:
• Gallery tour of Wim Crouwel: A graphic odyssey with guest curator Tony Brook.
• Talks by Morag Myerscough describing recent projects and Vincent Connare chatting about Comic Sans.
• Workshops about letter forms from a greeting card designers perspective.
• Artists Kirsty Lyall and Helen Jones will be projecting typewriter art onto the side of the museum to encourage you to have a go.
• Live drawing by Sign writer Ray Howell who will be spelling out DESIGN MUSEUM in abnormal proportion.