Waterloo workers and residents will be encouraged to support their local independent shops from 4 July.
Shopkeepers in Waterloo have signed up to the Independents' Day campaign – a national initiative which aims to support independent businesses.
This year's national campaign was launched in Waterloo in February with representatives from David Fullerton, FloraMay, The Toolshop, South Bank Cards, Greensmiths, Waterloo Body Station, Twice The Siren, Ian Allan Bookshop, I Knit London, What The Butler Wore and Radio Days chosen as faces for the promotion.
This year, Waterloo Quarter BID has worked with retailers to organise a range of events and initiatives:
• An appearance from the Dulux Dog, Lower Marsh 11.30am – 2.30pm
• Market stalls from The Old Vic Tunnels and Waterloo Body Station, Lower Marsh
• Barbecue at Greensmiths, Lower Marsh, 6pm – 7.30pm
• Knitting group at I Knit London, Lower Marsh, 6pm – 8.30pm
• Discounts at a selection of retailers
• Raffle tickets on sale at Lower Marsh venues for a school trip for Johanna Primary School
• Public launch of the new Waterloo Quarter website www.WeAreWaterloo.co.uk
Throughout July all Waterloo shoppers can vote for their favourite Waterloo independent shop at www.WeAreWaterloo.co.uk and stand a chance of winning a £100 voucher to spend in that business.