Lambeth Palace Garden is one of the oldest and largest private gardens in London. The site has been occupied by the Archbishops of Canterbury since the end of the 12th century.
The garden today is used as a resource for local community groups, including schools and churches, local charities and the Archbishop's charities. It includes formal courtyards with an historic 'White Marseilles' fig (originally planted by the last Roman Catholic Archbishop, Cardinal Pole, in 1555), a parkland-style garden with copper beech, black walnut planted by Queen Mary, tulip trees, mulberries, woodland and native planting, a pond and a hornbeam allee. There is also a formal rose terrace, pleached lime and summer gravel garden, chapel garden and beehives.
Tea and biscuits, souvenirs and garden honey.