A formal garden square built between 1824 and 1832 on land belonging to the Corporation of Trinity House. Most of the houses, still owned by Trinity House, have been converted into flats. The church is now the Henry Wood Hall, used for orchestral rehearsals.
The garden, maintained by Trinity House, contains one of the oldest outside statues in London, probably of Alfred the Great and possibly originally sited in Westminster Hall. The garden has been open to residents only since 1997 and has been well used since the closure of Trinity Street to through traffic in 2002. The beds were replanted in 2000 under the supervision of the Museum of Garden History.