A fascinating opportunity to see behind the scenes of one of London's busiest courthouses to learn about how the justice system works.
The Crown Court at Southwark will host a lively programme of activities that includes:
• Behind the scenes tours, including the court rooms and prison cells;
• Watch and take part in mock hearings - decide on innocence or guilt and sentences to fit the crime;
• An opportunity to meet a judge and talk to him about the work he does;
• 'The Old Bailey Experience' - Central Criminal Court staff will be taking over a courtroom to present an insight into the world's most famous court;
• A chance to climb on board and explore a prison vehicle, have your photograph taken in a judge's robes or be fingerprinted by the police.
There will be visits from police dogs and horses, quizzes for all the family and a gallery of display stands from Southwark's justice partners including the Crown Prosecution Service, Crown Court at Blackfriars, Prisoners' Friends and Family, Probation, the City Drug Action Team and Trading Standards.
Proceeds from a raffle will go to NCH, a charity which helps vulnerable children and young people in the UK break through injustice, deprivation and inequality, so they can achieve their full potential.
With various criminal justice agencies and other public services represented under one roof, the open day promises to be of interest to people of all ages.