This is an exciting new project that Blackfriars Settlement Children and Young People's service together with Bankside Open Spaces Trust and funded by Vinvolved will be engaging young people 16-25 in volunteering opportunities.
V is a national charity working to improve these opportunities and recognises this by awarding young people's endeavours.
The main aims are :
• Recruiting and supporting young people into volunteering opportunities
• Creating new and innovative volunteering opportunities for young people
• Providing training, advice and support to young people
• Increase quality and availability of opportunities for young people
• Developing a youth volunteering forum to promote peer support and good practice.