£7 an hour
Café and Bar
• To assist with the development and operation of food and beverage services including preparing, cooking and serving as necessary.
• To work with the FoH Manager to develop the food offering in line with the brand in order for Southwark Playhouse to become a food destination and being proactive in food sales to ensure maximum profitability.
• To efficiently operate the theatre’s kitchen, bar and floor areas, including pre and post show, during intervals and at events, assisting with stock control procedures and storage.
• To abide by and enforce fire, health & safety, hygiene and licensing regulations and standards, and to ensure kitchen areas are clean and tidy at all times, carrying out other weekly duties and responsibilities relevant to the Front of House and kitchen operation.
• To be a point of information about the Playhouse and all its activities, promoting the building to the widest possible audience and to be knowledgeable of the theatre’s and bar and food services, such as food and drink menus, the theatre’s facilities and productions. To present the Playhouse as welcoming, accessible and friendly to existing and potential customers, maintaining the highest level of customer care.
• When needed: to efficiently operate the café and bar, serving hot and cold beverages including a range of coffees, taking food orders and serving food to café patrons. This will include, handling cash, cheques etc and account for all monies taken, ensuring cash is kept safely whilst on premises.
• Previous experience preparing food in a bar/café environment
• A Food Hygiene & Safety Level 2 Certificate
• A genuine passion and drive to create great food
• Good communicator, able to offer a consistently high standard of customer care
• Enthusiastic team worker with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to use your initiative and prioritise tasks
• Ability to work well under pressure
• A good level of numeracy and accurate cash-handling skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to work flexible hours
• Experience of working in theatre (desirable)
Join the team at Southwark Playhouse as it extends its kitchen and bar operation, serving up great food for the best possible customer experience throughout the day.
Please see our website: http://southwarkplayhouse.co.uk/about/jobs/ for more information on the role and details on how to apply.
Closing date: Friday 1st of May 2015
Interviews will commence the week beginning Monday 4th May 2015
Southwark Playhouse is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Southwark Playhouse Theatre Company is a registered charity no. 1042870
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up