London SE1 community website

SoBo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Current: 11 of 11
Friday 13 February 2004 11.49am
a la Michael Jackson and the other well known brand of cola ad?
Friday 13 February 2004 12.25pm
What a dirty cow... I would find that sickening, like the people who drop fags in cups...even disposable ones.. perhaps the owner ( Peter) could supply those disposable ashtrays that you can get from the party shop near Albany Road.

jan
Friday 13 February 2004 12.45pm
The correlation is easily explained. Those high level smokers enjoy living in a cloud of smoke. Without their accustomed comfort 'blanket' they feel lost.

Ordinary hair doesn't pick up this smoke smell sufficiently effectively (apparently: as a non-smoker I should have do disagree, but anyway) therefore they need to coat their hair with something suitably sticky to encourage the smell to remain after they stop.

The combination of smoke, hairspray (which invariably stinks too) and the cheap scent that again is perfetly correlated with this phenomenon gives rise to a stomach churning....

ugh... I cannot go on. sorry if you're reading this with your lunch.

I think I've just discovered the Mapmaker Aversion Diet (TM) for non-smokers.
Friday 13 February 2004 12.54pm
...and smokers should be under no illusions that chewing gum is a neutraliser - you then just smell of mint and smoke. Worse than those two smells individually...
Friday 13 February 2004 7.49pm
Just wanted to say that Sobo has now become a regular haunt for both my boyfriend and I. Weekend breakfasts are taken there religiously, and because my boyfriend works from home, he has kicked the various local Starbucks into touch in favour of it - he now has his afternoon coffee breaks there, convinced that the cappuccino is the best he has tasted this side of Milan (and his grandparents live there, so presumably he should know). The almond croissants are fantastic as well, if not quite part of a calorie controlled diet. So, pretty much faultless all-round, and clearly the best cafe in the area, by miles. But a note to the owners: feel free to ban smoking...
Monday 16 February 2004 3.55pm
Your rave reviews incited us to have a wander up there on sunday (ten minutes from closing sadly! I could have lingered for hours getting seriously caffeinated) The hosts were lovely, the coffee super, the carrot cake all I could have expected and the prices accessible even to a pair of public sector workers!

If Peter & Co are lurking - thanks! Great job
Monday 16 February 2004 6.55pm
no point me going now. sounds like its always crowded with people frmo here.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Monday 16 February 2004 8.44pm
But what could be more fun than sitting there and trying to work out if the nice old lady in the the tartan jacket posts as "flaming devil" ?

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Current: 11 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions