London SE1 community website

SoBo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 3 of 11
Monday 19 January 2004 10.35am
I saw the area referred to as 'SeBo' in a developer's brochure last year.

(South East Borough.)

Sounds like the term for facial oil..
Tuesday 20 January 2004 12.36am
Blagged my way into the opening party tonight. I really think SoBo will be a great asset to the area. The owners have gone out of their way to put something of quality in what is, lets face it, a pretty bad ass street. I wouldn't take that sort of risk with my cash.
There's a lot of negativity on this website when someone tries to push the boundaries, and I for one, wish them every success. The name, by the way, was never meant to be serious...they called it SoBo with tongues very firmly in cheek. I got the impression that they were more than a little amused, and quite delighted, by the chatter they have caused with the choice of name. I for one will be there at 8am for my latte and croissant.

jan
Tuesday 20 January 2004 7.19am
Do they do that Froffee Coffee my mum will ask....

and the porcine element takes to the sky...
Tuesday 20 January 2004 9.03am
I sense a plug here.....

The street is as 'bad ass' as we want to make it....

I suspect Islington High Road/Clapham used to be similar once upon a time.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 10.08am
"Josh" - are you really as unconnected with SoBo as you are trying to make out? Your email address would suggest otherwise.

We'd be very happy to publicise your new venture on this site in the news or features section, and we'd be delighted if the movers behind a new venture like SoBo choose to take part in the forum.

But for heaven's sake be upfront about your connections with a business you are writing about. As well as being discouraged in the rules of this forum, it really is an unnecessary and disreputable practice which only devalues the genuine comment and criticism of local venues which you will find here.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 1.02pm
It's alright James,

Regardless of who he'e connected to, I just stopped reading when I came across the "bad ass" comment.

"I wouldn't take that kind of risk with....." my sanity.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 20 January 2004 1.38pm
Yeah, the Southern end of Tower Bridge road is 'pre-regeneration', which means it still (thank god) has local rather than chain shops, and you can get useful things/services there.

A coffee bar is welcome, though, as long as it does a cup o' decent java.

what kind of art do you plan to show, Josh?
Tuesday 20 January 2004 1.44pm
The Bus Stop does a damn fine cup of coffee for 1, I'd like to see Sobo match that!
Tuesday 20 January 2004 2.48pm
Hey Josh,
I'll think you'll find us to be a pretty positive bunch, and as for pushing the boundaries, South East Borough, hmmmm - let's push the boundary a bit further and say we live in West Greenwich.................................
Tuesday 20 January 2004 3.53pm
Had a double espresso this morning, very nice to grab it on the way to work, instead of drooling on some poor woman's shoulder.

I'll give them a couple weeks to get everything in line before I make a comment on the quality of java.

Love having them in the hood, though I would think a coffeshop would open before 8am, some of us have to make it on to work by then...

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 3 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions