London SE1 community website

SoBo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 6 of 11
Thursday 22 January 2004 9.13am
Does anyone know the opening times of this venture- everytime I go past early in the morning and late at night, its closed- wanna check it owt!

bart
Thursday 22 January 2004 12.50pm

I know it closes at 6pm (apparently in the summer it will be open till 8pm) and when I left my flat this morning at about 7.50am it was open (or just opening up)
Friday 23 January 2004 4.14pm
their espresso is excellent, it must be said. well done, sobo!
Sunday 25 January 2004 8.59pm

Intrigued by this thread I popped along today but it isn't open on Sundays so I have nothing to report. Although it was a lovely sunny day and everybody seemed happy and smiley.

Normally i tend to stay in the north of Borough but if there are more places opening like this i might be tempted to dander south a bit more often.
Monday 26 January 2004 9.02am
red bus - where's the usual border on your dandering ? Is it defined in physical, cultural or coffee quality terms....? Are we becoming a borough of Nobos and Sobos?
Monday 26 January 2004 9.26am
like red bus I was equally intrigued and popped along on Sunday but it was shut and I have been unable to find info about opening times anywhere. Their website is under construction and nada on the piece in the restaurants section here. Why are there so few caffs open on a Sunday around here??!!
Monday 26 January 2004 10.51am

jane - i suppose i am really a nobo (the second 'o' is important) and am more often to be found in the Lord Clyde / Southwark Tavern than the Garrison.

But i have started to venture a wee bit further south as of late and it is pretty interesting... Having lived in E&C and Camberwell I happily head down the Walworth Road, but wouldn't normally go South across the Old Kent Road.
Monday 26 January 2004 5.37pm
My name is Peter and last tuesday my partner and I opened SoBo. It is, for both of us, a whole new adventure, neither of us having been involved in anything like it before. Our aim was to create a place with a warm, friendly atmosphere, where neighbours and friends can meet, chat, drink great coffee, and maybe even buy a work of art....an ambitious aim for Tower Bridge Road perhaps, but worth a try we thought. We are still feeling our way, so please be patient with us while we fine tune the offer....which we can only do with feedback from our customers. So please continue to leave messages here and we will take note.
One mistake we made was to think there would not be much sunday trade. Yes, Rach and Red Bus, we were closed yesterday. Sorry you had a wasted trip. We have been a bit gobsmacked by the number of requests for us to open on Sunday, so from next week we will open 7 days a week. Our hours are monday - thursday 8am - 6pm. Friday 7am - 6pm (because of Bermondsey Market), Saturday 9am - 6pm, and sunday 10am - 4pm.
Thanks again for all the messages of support. It is greatly appreciated. And we hope you will find time to visit us soon.
Peter Leonard - SoBo

Monday 26 January 2004 5.48pm

Hoorah! I will be sure to be there. Will you have yummy cake too?
Monday 26 January 2004 6.35pm
I will personally make sure there is an especially yummy cake for you. What is your favourite?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 6 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions