London SE1 community website

SoBo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 7 of 11
Monday 26 January 2004 6.39pm
I walked past last night and have to say I take my proverbial hat off to you for adding one of the first 'style statements' to the area. This area has been sadly lacking in any design sense, it's all been a bit too utilitarian or just too far onto the posh-design scale (as per design museum and its locale.)
Monday 26 January 2004 6.48pm

thanks, i like all that banana and walnut, carrot and sultana stuff (and of course chocolate).

They do a very good banana cake at the Monmouth Coffee place up on the corner of park street (that's in NOBO for you southerners) but sadly, it is (a) about 3 a piece and (b) shut on Sundays and (c) they don't sell tea!!!
Monday 26 January 2004 7.25pm
a) Our organic loaf cakes (banana nut, lemon poppyseed, etc) are 1.30 to go, or 1.50 in. Choc brownies 1 and 1.20.
b) We are now going to open on Sundays.
c) We sell around 6 different teas...in nice white china teapots.
So now you have no excuse for not coming in!
P.
Monday 26 January 2004 9.22pm

Thanks - we will definitely there then - the lovely girlfriend is partial to a pot of peppermint.
Tuesday 27 January 2004 8.46am
Mmmmm chocolate brownies......
Tuesday 27 January 2004 10.49am
sounds brilliant Peter. We ended up having to go to Bermondsey Kitchen on Sunday which isn't really a caff (and is a bit extortionate for cakes!) but you have definitely tickled my fancy with your promises of organic cakes and myriad teas. See you on Sunday!!
Tuesday 27 January 2004 1.16pm
I can add my name to the list of satisfied customers. Good cappucino, good toasted sandwich, plenty of space and good magazine selection. What more can you ask?
Tuesday 27 January 2004 1.19pm
A good location for Big Dave's farewell tea?
Tuesday 27 January 2004 1.29pm
Oh no - I don't even want to consider Dave leaving us! Please stay Dave - all is forgiven!

Who will keep me amused on Yahoo Chat now?!
Tuesday 27 January 2004 1.54pm
Finally went this morning- lovely thick frothy capachinno! May have to start savin for an original Emin!

Well done Peter to have the b***s to go for it! Whose next?

bart
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 7 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions