London SE1 community website

Mugging St Thomas Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 9 December 2008 8.02am
I must have been fortunate with my incident in May, I reported attempted break in, they broke lock on door and window, within a very short time not only had an officer from forensic dusting down my grimey windows, getting some clear prints within a day or two they had a name as well.

I thought the dog incident would have been given priority though?
Tuesday 9 December 2008 9.35am
Thanks Patricia. That's the sort of information that should be on all police literature, though I doubt that making a complaint would get anyone anywhere.

Jan, I really tried very hard to get the officer to understand the urgency. I repeated the words 'its happening right now' so many times. I explained that the dogs had been leaping at the child's ankles while his mother held him. I realise now I should have asked to see someone else but I didn't.

I feel like we don't have police any more.
Tuesday 9 December 2008 11.14am
Dear Beetroot,

Obviously nothing's pefect but these meetings are interesting, an a pro-active way to get involved with and understand local policing.

http://www.met.police.uk/saferneighbourhoods/SNTnewsletter/southwarkchaucer.pdf

if you get in touch with the safer neighbourhoods team they'll let you know when the meetings happen - its roughly monthly and anyone can attend.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions