London SE1 community website

Shardettes/Three Houses/Three Spires [major London Bridge development by Sellar & Herzog & de Meuron]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 9 of 17
Monday 9 March 2009 1.14pm
Yes, I did mean the street, not the hospital!
yas
Saturday 14 March 2009 11.07pm
Looks to me like yet another planning application where the developer proposes a structure 50% taller than they actually want because they know that they will be cut down at least 30%. So whatever extra height they are left with is a bonus. Sadly, the developers only care about their profit, not what negative effect on the surroundings they have (ie. light reduction, increased congestion, wind tunnels, etc) Am getting more and more fed up with the council's planning approvals. That warehouse on the corner of BSt and StThomas should be preserved.
Saturday 14 March 2009 11.44pm
What, the one that's been undergoing renevations for the last 4 years, which still looks empty every time I go past it? The one that looks like a project for keeping people off the streets but seems to show no signs of getting finished?

That warehouse?
Sunday 15 March 2009 5.19pm
Armpit Vale wrote:
What, the one that's been undergoing renevations for the last 4 years, which still looks empty every time I go past it? The one that looks like a project for keeping people off the streets but seems to show no signs of getting finished?
That warehouse?

not sure which one you mean. The one in Nihil_Dicit's pic is the one. Its been in use for the nine years I've lived here.
yas
Saturday 21 March 2009 1.48pm
Nihil_Dicit wrote:
Do you mean the warehouse in the centre of this picture...
http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv295/nihildicit2/07Mar2009020.jpg
Yes! That's the one. It should def form part of the "BS conservation" area. Restored to its former glory, it would be stunning. It would be v sad to see it go.
Saturday 21 March 2009 4.51pm
beetroot wrote:
Armpit Vale wrote:
That warehouse?

not sure which one you mean. The one in Nihil_Dicit's pic is the one. Its been in use for the nine years I've lived here.

Ah, I was talking about the one just behind it, on the end of Bermondsey Street near the Hide. Not sure what's going on in there but it still doesnt have any floors in it and seems to have had builders going in and out for 4 years.
Thursday 26 March 2009 9.15am
From the Architects' Journal:
Architects' Journal wrote:
The high-rise project ... was due to be unveiled in mid-February, but has been delayed until at least late summer.
Full article here.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 17 September 2009 11.33am
Shame we can't get the people who are renovating Globe House, the one on the corner of Bermondsey St and Cruxfix Lane to restore the warehouse, they've done the Tanneries restoration and it's incredible.

Any more news on the three houses development?/
Wednesday 7 October 2009 9.34am
Anyone?
Current: 9 of 17

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions