London SE1 community website

Where to become engaged in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 December 2008 1.17am
Hi SE1!

I'm a resident of the LSE Bankside House just behind the Tate Modern. I'd like to get involved with the community, preferably by engaging in or creating some kind of social/youth project. Who can I talk to about this? Is there a person/institution responsible for this area?

Cheers,
Caspar
Monday 29 December 2008 8.57am
Crikey Caspar, I thought you were going to propose marriage! still your post is very very worthy..:-)
Monday 29 December 2008 11.26am
Welcome to SE1, Caspar.

Blackfriars Settlement have a range of programmes for young and old in the Borough & Bankside area - probably a good place to start.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 29 December 2008 1.58pm
Haha who knows, if things go well I might propose marriage to someone at some point :P
Thanks for your help, I'll check out Blackfriars Settlement as soon as I get back to London.

Does anyone know of any initiatives that already exist?
Wednesday 31 December 2008 9.52am
Hi Caspar, you might also contact Southwark CAS - they are the umbrella organisation for voluntary sector groups in Southwark and keep a log of all voluntary vacancies required by local charities etc. No connection, but I've done a couple of their excellent training courses and had a friend matched up to a local charity. They might be able to match up your interests and time available to a local group that you might not have heard of.
http://www.casouthwark.org.uk/
Wednesday 31 December 2008 10.17am
Ditto Volunteer Centre Southwark:
http://www.volunteercentres.org.uk/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions