London SE1 community website

Lant Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 15
Tuesday 20 November 2012 2.19pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Barbara_C wrote:
My understanding is that they are not able to do anything at the moment because their planning permission is not approved. And it has not been approved because some residents oppose it. But what they actually oppose is the closure of the street which had been approved previously...
So they are not allowed to do anything constructive with that particular piece of land, but they are allowed to chuck furniture on it? Or am I missing something?

I think that pic is of the old/existing play area.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 4.55pm
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Barbara_C wrote:
My understanding is that they are not able to do anything at the moment because their planning permission is not approved. And it has not been approved because some residents oppose it. But what they actually oppose is the closure of the street which had been approved previously...
So they are not allowed to do anything constructive with that particular piece of land, but they are allowed to chuck furniture on it? Or am I missing something?

I think that pic is of the old/existing play area.

According to kate love, that picture was taken yesterday morning.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 7.34pm
If I've understood, I think boroughonian means it's a current photo of the old playground, which I think is on the other side of the building from Lant Street. The pic is of the closed off area of Lant Street though.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 7.50pm
beetroot wrote:
If I've understood, I think boroughonian means it's a current photo of the old playground, which I think is on the other side of the building from Lant Street. The pic is of the closed off area of Lant Street though.
Oh, I see... I recognised it as the closed Lant Street area, that's why I didn't consider Boroughonian might mistake it for the playground at the front.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 8.36pm
woops sorry.
Tuesday 20 November 2012 8.49pm
Don't get me wrong, I am all in favour of the expansion, I just don't think CD are doing themselves any favours by using that space as a dumping ground. Maybe they should invite some guerilla gardeners...
Tuesday 20 November 2012 9.20pm
I wonder if the children are allowed on the grass,history tells me no or NO!

I must not walk on the grass
I must not...
cbg
Tuesday 20 November 2012 10.41pm
As mentioned CD do not have planning permission to do anything at the moment. They would like to have an area for PE and some green space with benches. Have a look at the drawings of the planning application.
I think it is unlikely that they will reopen Lant street just because of the opposition to the planning permission. They only ones suffering in the current dispute are the children.
Wednesday 21 November 2012 12.43am
cbg wrote:
They only ones suffering in the current dispute are the children.
I agree, 100%. My children don't go to CD anymore, but the whole debacle started before they did, and hasn't finished longer after they left. A total disgrace, if you ask me.
Thursday 22 November 2012 11.44am
I have checked what happened with those tables, it was an unfortunate misunderstanding, these tables were waiting to be disposed off and the person responsible for storing them did not know they should not be there. It has swiftly been rectified and our discussion about them has already been much longer than the tables lingered in the offending place.
Current: 11 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions