London SE1 community website

Lant Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 15
Tuesday 4 December 2012 9.12am
The school's application is now on the agenda for next Tuesday's planning sub-committee B: http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?MId=4347

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 6 December 2012 10.48pm
Katia wrote:
I have checked what happened with those tables, it was an unfortunate misunderstanding, these tables were waiting to be disposed off and the person responsible for storing them did not know they should not be there. It has swiftly been rectified and our discussion about them has already been much longer than the tables lingered in the offending place.
so, is it another misunderstanding that has caused the 'temporary' big huge shed building to have very large construction like ladders chucked on the roof in a very untidy manner then? (on the roof with some sort of plastic tarpauline and other rubbish)

and is it another misunderstanding that causes the same shouty bloke to scream at the kids in the week day afternoons?

Lant Street should be re-opened and given back to 'the people'. It should not have ever been closed in the first place.
Thursday 6 December 2012 11.13pm
Bloggie wrote:
Lant Street should be re-opened and given back to 'the people'.
The Charles Dickens children are "the people" too.
Friday 7 December 2012 8.09am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Bloggie wrote:
Not yet 'tax paying' people. We'll be living in this area and needing to use lant street as a thoroughfare, for far longer than each intake of kiddies. It's very short sighted, closing our road.
Friday 7 December 2012 10.27am
Bloggie wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Bloggie wrote:
Not yet 'tax paying' people. We'll be living in this area and needing to use lant street as a thoroughfare, for far longer than each intake of kiddies. It's very short sighted, closing our road.
Their parents pay tax. The plans for the playground were approved before my children started at CD and long after they've left it's still not implemented, which I find very sad, becasue they are losing out. Also, my oldest plans to live here his whole life (as do we) so it does affect him / us.
Friday 7 December 2012 9.42pm
Bloggie, the "huge shed like building" is a much loved eco-classroom the children have helped build and design. It is currently being renovated I believe.
Tuesday 11 December 2012 11.14pm
Permission granted.
Wednesday 12 December 2012 12.21am
Hopefully we can all now stop blogging a dead horse.
Wednesday 13 February 2013 8.30am
Katia wrote:
Hopefully we can all now stop blogging a dead horse.
you're not funny or clever with that uncalled for remark.
So, permission was granted, for a 7.30AM wake up call for people who were happily sleeping!!!!!

For the second day running, inconsiderate work blokes have been chucking metal and planks from a truck, onto other metal and wood and generally making a hell of a racket. There seems to be a big wooden construction going up. AND IT'S NOISY!
Thursday 14 February 2013 11.10pm
I imagine the wooden fence is to separate children from building site for the moment. It is in the school’s interest to get the playground and garden ready for spring, so the unsightly provisional structures will be gone soon.

I can see that a 7:30am start is early; 8am is probably the time most builders start. The noise from any building site is of course terrible, but mercifully also just temporary.
Current: 12 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions