London SE1 community website

Children's activities

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Monday 26 January 2004 12.13pm
Charterhouse has an open afternoon on Wednesday this week

See today's SE1 Direct email newsletter
http://www.se1direct.co.uk/issues/index.php?issue=169

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 14 June 2004 8.38pm by James Hatts.
ali
Wednesday 28 January 2004 10.08pm
Thank you Julie and James for you lastest suggestions and a big thanks to the rest of you. It makes such a difference to know there is things to do out there. The winter will pass alot quicker now and I will pass on activities to all the other parents who have been desperate as well. THANK YOU.
Tuesday 10 February 2004 11.52pm
Rejoice all. Lambeth have given us an amazing new and shiny wooden elephant for the Archbishops playground. It looks great.

Not too sure why. I organised a grant from the Lambeth Riverside Regeneration Board, and then pressed Lambeth to match the funding. I have further squeezed them - and they seem to have squeezed the supplier - so we will now be getting two pieces of new play equipment sometime before the end of March. Then they offered a wooden animal as well and a couple of weeks later it was, well.........there.

Should we call it (TLM)JoJo, Jan, or perhaps Big Dave, seeing as he is leaving us.

If anyone has a digital camera I would love a photo.

Who says there is nothing for kids in SE1.
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.06am
Judging from the excited way you talk about your new elephant, it appeals to kids of all ages...
Wednesday 11 February 2004 12.58am
Sarah,

I have a digital camera, and would be delighted to come to your park and take a picture. (And I haven't forgotten about your promise of a bottle of wine from your cellar either...)

But I do hope that your choice of names is based on your fondness for the named, and not for your perception of our bodily similarity to said elephant!

Jo Jo
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions