London SE1 community website

Friends of Guy's charity shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Tuesday 13 January 2009 11.58pm
Oops - shows how long it is since I was regularly taking my dad to outpatient clinics at Guy's!

But whatever it is now called, that prefab structure on the west side of Great Maze Pond was supposed to have been demolished years ago.
Jac
Wednesday 14 January 2009 4.02pm
The shop you referred to has been pulled down and a new shop was built to the side of the car park.
Saturday 4 April 2009 7.37pm
I went into the main entrance of Guy's Hospital for the first time in ages last week. Just to confirm the Friends' shop has indeed moved to an unlovely looking new home in a single storey red brick building next to the entrance. It is entered through an even tattier lean-to shed-like structure, and appeared to mostly be selling second hand clothes.

Is there still a "grand plan" to move the main pedestrian entrance of the hospital into the ground floor of Southwark Wing (formerly Thomas Guy House)?

IIRC this was this all reliant on finding a development partner for rebuilding Borough Wing (formerly New Guy's House)
Monday 6 July 2009 10.31am
Hi,

Does anyone know whether this charity shop is open and its location? It has been moved around a bit over the years.

Enforced summer clear out of clothes by the GF - ruthless streak I'd not see before

thanks
Thursday 9 July 2009 12.19pm
It was a week ago though it is closed one day a week and not open at weekends. Unfortunately I can't remember which weekday it's closed - try giving the hosp a ring.
Tuesday 11 May 2010 9.39pm
The Friends of Guys now have a new website at:

http://www.friendsofguys.org.uk/

This gives the following details about the shop:

Friends of Guy's Hospital wrote:
THE FRIENDS OF GUY'S HOSPITAL CHARITY SHOP
We left our previous premises in Great Maze Pond on Wednesday 17th December, 2008.

We now operate from the hut by the main entrance to the hospital.

Please do continue to bring in your donations and help us to help Guy's Hospital.

We sell:

Good quality second hand clothing
Shoes
Bags
DVDs
Guy's Memorabilia
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions