London SE1 community website

The Bill - Filming in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Monday 12 January 2009 2.42pm
Last week's Hustle used the Blue Fin Building (as the Hustler's office when they were pretending to be a stock market swindler). There were a few other SE1 places used in the same episode, but I can't remember where they were at the moment.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 12 January 2009 3.55pm
Yes, I too stood freezing (and enjoying it)as Harry Potter was filmed round the corner from me. I also got paid for putting up my Christmas decorations early when Love Actually was filmed - didn't see Hugh Grant though! These things all add to the interest of living in the area - I am sure that the Bill filming will be no problem - I love the idea of a gang of SE1 'guerilla knitters' turning up in the background - go for it!
Jac
Monday 12 January 2009 6.14pm
The young boy in Love actually used to live in Se1 and went the same primary school as the young jacs.
ADT
Tuesday 13 January 2009 1.33pm
Hustle have used Boss House, or at least somewhere close to it (I recognised the metal fishes on the railings).
Tuesday 13 January 2009 2.14pm
According to a letter that Charlie, St Mary Magdalen's rector, read out after service on Sunday, The Bill are definitely filming on Bermondsey Street next Sunday.
Sunday 18 January 2009 7.39pm
So, how did the filming go today? Anyone see anything interesting?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 18 January 2009 8.21pm
James Hatts wrote:
So, how did the filming go today? Anyone see anything interesting?

Looked like a typical film shoot to me. Lots of twonks standing around holding clipboards - doing nothing, a few big blokes stopping foot traffic, loads of people drinking tea and a much smaller number acting, filming and making the programme. It has always baffled me that it takes so many people to make a film/tv show.
Monday 19 January 2009 11.52am
Unions.
Monday 19 January 2009 1.35pm
For the record, The Bill seemed much more considerate and attuned to the needs of residents than the film companies I have encountered in the past. They actually had some (real) police on site and had the right permissions to close roads (rather than just doing it themselves).

I didn't see any actual filming as it was too cold to hang around!
Monday 19 January 2009 1.44pm
Not here, Laphroaig.

If someone's costume tears it needs to be fixed or replaced immediately. Someone needs to make a note of whether a window in the background is open or closed in a take, so someone else can go and ask/pay the occupier to put it back the way it was if they change it. There are legal obligations to have dedicated stewards with the public's safety in mind. There are lots of other roles where you do nothing for ages then are called for to work like lightening.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions