London SE1 community website

The Bill - Filming in Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 19 January 2009 6.21pm
Touching to read kenhaynes's assumption that his "much smaller number" of people were the ones "making" the programme. As well as the people working (not "twonks doing nothing") on the shoot, there are commissioning, development, production, casting, design, admin. and loads of other people making it too. And somewhere back there with an idea in his/her head, there's the writer who "made" it in the first place.
Monday 19 January 2009 8.59pm
beetroot wrote:
There are legal obligations to have dedicated stewards with the public's safety in mind. There are lots of other roles where you do nothing for ages then are called for to work like lightening.

Sounds like unions to me! I've been on a few film sets in my time. But I won't argue the point. Things may very well be different in the UK.
Monday 19 January 2009 9.00pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Last week's Hustle used the Blue Fin Building (as the Hustler's office when they were pretending to be a stock market swindler). There were a few other SE1 places used in the same episode, but I can't remember where they were at the moment.

I just watched it on the BBC iPlayer, and there were several scenes with Tower Bridge and the restaurants nearby. I didn't recognize the Blue Fin Building, though.
PKM
Tuesday 20 January 2009 12.31pm
I saw the car chase being filmed - came flying down Bermondsey St and into the tunnel to Tooley St.
Tuesday 6 April 2010 2.07pm
There was filming going on in Tanner Street last week - thoroughly enjoyed watching the set being set up on my walk to work. No idea what it was for though - any ideas?
Wednesday 7 April 2010 11.00pm
They were filming at Spa road last week and were very courteous and kept the traffic and pedestrian access was fine.
Wednesday 7 April 2010 11.00pm
They were filming at Spa road last week and were very courteous and kept the traffic moving and pedestrian access was fine.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions