London SE1 community website

Police Bashing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7
Sunday 1 February 2009 10.03pm
Thanks for everyone's support. I have been silenced. I have been advised that it would be better for me if I didn't make anything of it.......make of that what you will. It Just makes me more vocal
Sunday 1 February 2009 10.15pm
We're hearing one side of events, but it doesn't sound good.

You'll need to collate evidence of what happened (eg photos of any injuries sustained/doctors reports, witnesses, CCTV recordings, copies of signed correspondence, etc) otherwise it's one person's word against another's.
Jac
Sunday 1 February 2009 11.47pm
JayBee wrote:
Thanks for everyone's support. I have been silenced. I have been advised that it would be better for me if I didn't make anything of it.......

By who?

I have to say what strikes me as most alarming about your posts as whilst other complaints are often the same people who clearly have something againest the police, having met you Jaybee you didn't strike me as someone with an axe to grind and certainly not someone who is likely to get mouthy with or try obstruct the police, quite the opposite in fact.
Monday 2 February 2009 9.40am
Hope you don't have more bad experiences with the police,JayBee, or get to know people with bad experiences or you might just end up as someone who clearly has 'something against the police'. Presumably that means you could have the **** kicked out of you and its ok. A community forum at work!
Jac
Monday 2 February 2009 1.37pm
beetroot wrote:
Hope you don't have more bad experiences with the police,JayBee, or get to know people with bad experiences or you might just end up as someone who clearly has 'something against the police'. Presumably that means you could have the **** kicked out of you and its ok. A community forum at work!

I assume you are having a dig at my post, where I say that some people clearly have something against the police. But WHERE do I say that it is ok for someone who has a thing against the police have the **** kicked out of them that you presume i implied? Talk about reading something into a post that isn't there!

In case i haven't been clear what I was trying to say is having met Jaybee once he is not the kind of man to provoke an attack by the police, so that he should have this experience was more shocking as as he says if it has happened to him it could happen to anyone. Lets face it if he was someone who was likely to get lippy with the police they are more likely to react in a shall we say stronger manor . ( I am more likely to argue with someone shouts at me first) but they do not have the right to resort to violence. However, I do not think the use of violence by police is as common as you would like to make out. At least i truly hope not.

My question as to who has advised him to keep quiet was because, Jaybee post is not clear. Was it by the police or by his legal advisor or some other body, i was just interested to know.
Jac
Monday 2 February 2009 1.44pm
Jaybee I havent said how sorry i am to hear this has happened to you, my thoughts are with you and i admire you for standing up for what is right. When this sort of things does happen it is important that people stand up for what is right, so that it doesn't become more common place, but i know it is not always easy to see these things through. Good luck.
Monday 2 February 2009 3.01pm
Jaybee,

Who is attempting to silence you?
Monday 2 February 2009 6.34pm
There are as many violent thugs in the police force as ther are on the streets ( they like to be called police service now, but they only seem to serve themselves ) You will go to court, you will be found guilty, you will be fined.
Welcome to the real world of policing in Britain.
Monday 2 February 2009 6.55pm
Jac, I am no more likely than Jaybee to be 'mouthy' with the police or 'provoke an attack'. Having a realistic view of the police does not mean someone has an 'axe to grind'. So the implication in your posts is that you would find it less 'alarming' and 'shocking' if I or some of the others on here reported the same incident.
Jac
Monday 2 February 2009 10.17pm
beetroot wrote:
Jac, I am no more likely than Jaybee to be 'mouthy' with the police or 'provoke an attack'. Having a realistic view of the police does not mean someone has an 'axe to grind'. So the implication in your posts is that you would find it less 'alarming' and 'shocking' if I or some of the others on here reported the same incident.

well if thats what you want to read into then go ahead, but for the record it is not what i meant at all.

And I just do not believe there are as many violent thugs in the police force as there are on the street as the poster before you has stated either. How many reports of attacks by thugs have there been on this forum and how many attacks by the police have there been? Sorry the numbers just dont add up
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 3 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions