London SE1 community website

Police Bashing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7
Monday 2 February 2009 10.40pm
When the poor bloke gets to court and is convicted as he will be, the record will show him to be the thug, thats why the numbers don't add up. If by some stroke of luck he is found not guilty ( which shows the police to have acted violently and also lied ) nothing will come of it, nothing ever does.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 12.06am
I'm with Jac. I don't believe there are that many violent thugs in the police, though I'm quite willing to believe that individual officers occasionally - or even constantly - behave unacceptably. I'm curious, though; if you think the police force is full of violent liars given to criminal acts, does that mean you won't call them when you're broken into, assaulted, or someone mugs your granny?
Tuesday 3 February 2009 9.17am
I'd still call them. You never know, you might get one of the minority of decent ones.
I too don't believe there are that many violent thugs in the Police force. Most are like the pathetic ones that watched the violent thug that Jaybee witnessed.
In fact, the majority of police are dangerous because they're amazingly thick.
'We don't know the roads round here, we're all from Kent and Essex' said the officer at the desk in Borough High Street Police Station, when I explained to him that the dogs I saw attacking small children were in fact on Borough Road. I don't think any children were hospitalised that day. If they had and I'd come forward to say I reported it as it was happening, I doubt the officer would recall me saying 'they're doing it right now!'. Gaumless dick.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 9.27am
beetroot wrote:
I'd still call them. You never know, you might get one of the minority of decent ones.
I too don't believe there are that many violent thugs in the Police force. Most are like the pathetic ones that watched the violent thug that Jaybee witnessed.
In fact, the majority of police are dangerous because they're amazingly thick.
'We don't know the roads round here, we're all from Kent and Essex' said the officer at the desk in Borough High Street Police Station, when I explained to him that the dogs I saw attacking small children were in fact on Borough Road. I don't think any children were hospitalised that day. If they had and I'd come forward to say I reported it as it was happening, I doubt the officer would recall me saying 'they're doing it right now!'. Gaumless dick.

Wow. Maybe the Met ships in extra staff when needed, like any other organisation. Doesn't make someone a 'gaumless dick' (sic) if they don't know their way around new surroundings.

Still waiting to hear who 'silenced' Jaybee.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 9.33am
He was a gaumless dick for thinking it was ok to leave two dogs to attack toddlers, and they're not extra staff.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 9.39am
I agree, gormless is the kindest word under the circumstances!
Tuesday 3 February 2009 9.46am
I told someone about the dogs incident once and they shook they're head and said 'no'. It turned out they were rejecting my story. They basically were calling me a liar, though they wouldn't commit to that word. There seems to be some sort of infantile problem a lot of people have that prevents them from accepting the truth.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.15am
I have people like that in my family. Reality is often unpleasant and sweeping it under the carpet instead of facing it is endemic in our 2009 Society.

You only have to think of Bush and his 'in your face' incompetence', yet millions of American's believed that nut case was capable of making rational decisions!

In the same way, millions of Australian's chose not to become a Republic due to the scare tactics and propaganda programme set up by Prime Minister John Howard. Just to add salt to the wounds, he then organised a State visit for which we tax payers had to foot the bill. Never has anyone worked harder for a Knighthood that that sycophantic moron. He hasn't got it yet but watch this space.

I don't think all police are bad, but there is definitely something deeply disturbing about the increasing nonchalence or thuggery that many of us have witnessed first hand. In any case, they are public servants and we have every right to speak up and want answers when they appear to fail in their duty of care.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.22am
As like any other public service there are good and bad coppers. Good and bad doctors or good and bad dentists.

I know a couple of policemen at my local station who are thoroughly decent intelligent and helpful people but I'm also aware that there are some morons there too.

Problem is we can usually vote with our feet if we come across a bad doctor or dentist. When we have dealings with the police we're usually unable to disregard the policeman we're talking to and ask to deal with someone who hasn't had a labotomy.

Unfortunately it's just down to luck.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.23am
I'm starting to think there should be a Godwin's Law equivalent for Bush ...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 4 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions