London SE1 community website

Police Bashing

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.38am
I can't help it, injustice is injustice and if I were to carefully craft my replies to suit everyone, then instead of reacting as I would in a normal conversation between adults it would be a watered down version of reality. I'm not going there.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.44am
hello folks - I think my language was a bit dramatic about "being silenced". Nothing sinister though. I've taken advice from several quarters and was told that it's best to go about this in a calm, rational, quiet way which I'm trying to do. Looked at from one way, this is a minor, trivial incident, but from another it is very serious. Things like this must be drawn attention to before it really gets out of hand. I'm told that my DNA/fingerprints etc can be removed if no charges are pressed. I've not been charged with anything - just issued with a FPN which I am contesting. Anyone know about this? I've photographed my bruises from the handcuffs and will be sending them by recorded delivery to myself to be opened by a barrister or solicitor (I couldn't get the date stamp to work on the camera) I shall also email them. I'll keep you posted with any progress.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 2.16pm
I have this morning made a formal complaint about the individual officer's conduct and my treatment (or lack of it) at the police station to the IPCC.
I wonder if anyone else has had a problem with this particular officer? It wouldn't surprise me.
Tuesday 3 February 2009 4.25pm
well, I have also been to borough high street's police station to report an incident, but was told that they were not a working police station and that I had to go elswhere! wtf. I didn't feel it was a lack of intelligence, more of stupidity of a broken 'system' that is allowed to continue.

JB, sorry to hear about your treatment.
Zoe
Tuesday 3 February 2009 6.42pm
Bloggie - wtf?
Tuesday 3 February 2009 9.49pm
WTF = what the f....

Borough High Street police station is not a working police station? What is it, then, an historical re-enactment site?
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.37pm
"Borough High Street police station is not a working police station? What is it, then, an historical re-enactment site?"

Well from my, happily, limited, experience of it I'd go with Historical re-enactment site.

Jaybee do not let them get to you. Go back to Simon Hughes and get more help. He gave a great talk at a JUSTICE event a couple of years ago about the rule of law. There were a lot of idiots there and then there was him.

Call up his office tell them what is going on. Get help.
I know how easy it is to give up because you are scared but you'll still have it eating at you years later, trust me, and if you have to go to court anyway then go all the way. Do it on your terms. Good luck and well done for doing the right thing.
Zoe
Tuesday 3 February 2009 10.43pm
Laphroaig wrote:
WTF = what the f....

Ahhhh - thanks for the translation!
Wednesday 4 February 2009 8.49am
I received a private message on this site last night (10.50pm). It says:

'Following the indicents you raised on the SE1 website please feel free to discuss the matter futher with Sgt Rob Evans via email: [email protected] or telephone 020 7232 6869.

Kind regards

Julian Griffiths'

I want to believe that when I email it will be a positive thing. That's why I'm going to, but I'm a little nervous. Only a little, but I am.
Wednesday 4 February 2009 9.36am
Jaybee, sorry you ended up in nick..just out of idle curiosity what would have happened had the officers released their hold on him? He may have had a knife or perhaps the officers recognised him as a previously violent offender..

Perhaps the person being restrained saw the audience and hollered and hooted more than the occasion justified? Bit like when your children fight , hearing screams of blue murder you dash in separate them and all they have been given is a 'chinese' burn!

It seems over the top when they handcuffed you though, what were they thinking of.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions