London SE1 community website

200 Great Dover Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7
Tuesday 17 February 2009 9.53pm
Very much a case of "Watch this space". The design of the building is going to have to be very "sympathetic"! While Empire Square's tower creates a precedent for a tall building in this location, the presence of another so close by would really have an impact on other local residents.
Thursday 12 March 2009 7.37pm
Exhibition of proposals for '200 Great Dover St' at Henry Wood Hall, Trinity Church Sq. 19th March 7am-9pm.
Thursday 19 March 2009 2.19pm
bump

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 19 March 2009 4.15pm
Went along and a had a look. Not many people seem to have done so.

Proposals look reasonable, though of course there's the usual Southwark nonsense about retail units (or similar) at ground level. The tall element of the proposed design is going to be set back from the road and is going to be at the end of the site furthest from St George the Martyr.
Friday 20 March 2009 11.50am
Did anyone else go to the exhibition of plans? Any other views?
Wednesday 25 March 2009 9.10am
Although there is no actual graphic of the tower yet. I dont think I am keen. St George the Martyr shouldnt be crowded by towers. Or students for that matter.
Wednesday 25 March 2009 9.14am
There were a couple of images of the tower at the exhibition.

I think the interesting question will be the cumulative effect of a range of tall(er) buildings up Newington Causeway and Borough High Street - Eileen House, Newington Triangle, 200 GDS and possibly something of a similar scale at Brandon House.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 25 March 2009 9.14am
No offence ment to studants I was one once. Noisey and scruffy. Now Im an oldy Id prefer them seen but not heard. Te He
Wednesday 25 March 2009 11.28am
I'm not terribly keen on having a lot of drunk teenagers yowling in the street three or four nights a week. There's enough of that already. Yes, I was an annoying teenager once, but I did my carousing in non-residential areas. ;)
Wednesday 25 March 2009 1.53pm
its the students with Es in A level Media Studies and PE that give the rest of em a bad name. all doing degrees in childcare and hospitality and never read a book in their lives...
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 2 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions