London SE1 community website

200 Great Dover Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Tuesday 16 November 2010 3.37pm
It seems to me that there is an awful lot of student accomadation either being being built or looking for planning permisssion to go with that that is already here. Whilst I have nothing against students themselves do such large numbers of them offer the same community and long term prospects to an area as say ordianry residental accomadation?
Monday 20 December 2010 2.15pm
Apparently the Public Enquiry for this appeal will be held on 11/01/2012 at Southwark Town Hall (Peckham Road). Does anyone know any more about the process or whether previous objectors to the application will be contacted?
Tuesday 4 January 2011 11.16am
Everyone who objected before should have been written to. The Inspector will ask, on the first day, everyone who would like to speak to identify themselves.

As the councillor who spoke against it at the Planning Meeting originally I will be speaking and I know that representatives of the three local Tenants and Residents Associations are likely to want to speak also.

As it's taking place over six days I'm expecting that the Inspector will give slots to residents as they won't be expected to attend the whole six-day process which will be mostly legal and planning detailed discussion.

The room that has been allocated is quite small, so am expecting a bit of a crush on the first day.

Tim

Cllr Tim McNally
LibDem Member for Chaucer Ward
Southwark Council
07903 967 809
020 7525 7157
Tuesday 4 January 2011 3.27pm
Sorry-I've only just noticed that I have given the date the enquiry opens as 2012 which would give us plenty of notice! It actually starts on 11 January next week.
Friday 7 January 2011 6.57pm
Hello - can anyone confirm whether the meeting is at Southwark Town Hall in Peckham or, as had previously been suggested (much more sensibly), Tooley St?
Monday 10 January 2011 1.25pm
This meeting is taking place at Southwark Town Hall on Peckham Road, starting at 10 am tomorrow. Anyone opposed to the proposed development is highly recommended to attend.
Tuesday 11 January 2011 3.14pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5040

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 19 February 2011 3.31pm
The appeal has been dismissed:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/5124

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 19 February 2011 4.27pm
Thank goodness. :) Would have been awful.
Tuesday 22 February 2011 10.07pm
While I can understand the building being rejected on design terms (although from what I saw it looks better than the Empire Square development and most of the surrounding buildings) I don't think that we can keep rejecting buildings because they can be seen in the background whilst also looking at an historic building.

The main picture used is at an angle that cuts out the Empire Square tower from the background which impacts on the view of the church just as much as the new proposal did. I imagine it's been shown like this because most people don't think the empire square tower negatively impacts the Church (which I agree is beautiful).

Borough (let alone Great Dover Street) is overflowing with low quality, bad post-war buildings and we need some new developments to help revitalise the area. Lifschutz Davidson Sandilands is a well respected firm and I imagine the quality would have been very good. Hopefully a new scheme wont be long in the coming.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions