London SE1 community website

Arancia

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Monday 2 March 2009 11.17am
In a good-humoured way, the crowd in Arancia on Valentine's Day evening were also wondering whether Arancia had, in fact, closed!

The bad news that Arancia was really closing down came soon after that evening - the waiters had gone from just 3 tables the evening before Valentine's evening to 3 full sittings the next night. Impossible to run a business in those conditions.

This was a great place for people who enjoyed good food at fair prices and were not in a hurry.
Sunday 5 April 2009 5.52pm
Has it definitely closed now? Wanted to go for a last meal and had it in my mind that it was going to be open during April but noticed it's listed for closure as end of March on an earlier post. The website's still up and running and not giving any info but the phone number is diverting to an overseas number which might be a clue! Does anyone know if it has actually closed?
Sunday 5 April 2009 6.07pm
I have passed by a few times in the last week or two and the signs have come down and the curtains are drawn. It certainly looks closed, which is such a shame. We'd planned a last meal too, but like you seem to have missed out!
Sunday 5 April 2009 6.58pm
It's definitely closed.
Monday 6 April 2009 11.26am
Arancia did indeed close on Saturday 28 March, with a rather good final party on the Sunday.

It was a shame to see so many people there in the last week or two. Where were they when it would have been good for the restaurant owners?

Catherine is currently on a well deserved break abroad - the restaurant phone number is diverted to her mobile as good old BT turned the phones off a week early (by mistake!!). There is no plan for a new Arancia in a new location as yet - but watch this space. Catherine will be cooking somewhere soon and will update you.

I cant believe how formulaic and horrid most other restaurants are. What on earth will I do on Friday nights now.
Monday 6 April 2009 11.31am
Please do keep us posted. I'm already missing her Arancini. Was indeed a good send off on the Sunday.
Monday 6 April 2009 4.29pm
I'm missing it and I never even knew it existed!
Monday 6 April 2009 5.19pm
Can local restauranteur considering opening a "neighbourhood" restaurant please consider this site...it would be awful if it remained empty or turned into another cafe...
Thursday 9 April 2009 5.47pm
Indeed, it is well and truly gone and up for sale:

http://www.fieldandsons.co.uk/Property/Residential/for-sale/Bermondsey/London/1453046.aspx

Kicking myself for not going again before it closed.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions