London SE1 community website

Waterloo memories 1966-1978

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Sunday 31 May 2015 9.08pm
Hi All,

Does anyone have some images or memories of the adventure playground and mini-lido that used to be located between the Imperial War Museum's gardens and Brook Street?

By the late 70s I was too old to go there, but my brother did, and I used to often take and pick him up from there.
Monday 1 June 2015 10.41pm
Jules62 wrote:
Hi All,
Does anyone have some images or memories of the adventure playground and mini-lido that used to be located between the Imperial War Museum's gardens and Brook Street?

By the late 70s I was too old to go there, but my brother did, and I used to often take and pick him up from there.

I think I went there once, we wasn't impressed as there was no deep end, we was about 10 or 11. It served a purpose though, we used to tell our Mums we were going there but go to the Southwark Park lido instead.
Tuesday 9 June 2015 1.42pm
Hey Gilbert. We used to live at 270 on the top floor of the very last building overlooking Fraizer Street. As you walk up the stairs, our house was on the right. I do somewhat recall a coloured family living across our flat. We left in Dec 1972. [email protected]
Tuesday 9 June 2015 1.55pm
Jules62 wrote:
Hi All,

spent many long summers in Bedlam park Lido whilst at primary school getting changed under a towel cos of the holes in the woodern walls!! and the adventure playground on the big rope swing as well as the general childrens park area. Also many games of hide and seek and tag in the war museum much to the annoyance of the staff!
Monday 21 November 2016 10.55pm
hi all i lived in dodson with my brother david and sister deborah i went to johanna from 65 to 71 played footy at bishops park with mr gregory mr short was my final year teacher i then went on to beaufoy until 1977
Monday 3 April 2017 4.46pm
Hi Wendy Wallace,

my name is Tony Lynch and I lived in 65 Campbell Buildings prior to you. My parents were Irish and my dad worked on the railway, initially at waterloo Station then subsequent other stations after.
You have summed up most of my memories of Campbell Buildings, so I will not repeat them again,
small world!
Thursday 25 May 2017 11.18pm
Does any one remember Daisy and Berty Bonta, they had a daughter Janice who married George Frith. They lived at 173 Campbell bdlgs. Daisys mother was also call daisy Russell and she lived in the flat above at number 193. This was in the 40.s and 50.s.
Friday 8 September 2017 10.08pm
My Father was the Schoolkeeper at Johanna Street School up until 1969 and I wonder if anyone might have a photo of the school as my Brother cannot find one anywhere and he is desperate to find one to show me where I was born in 1966. My Father was called Reg Lyne. Many thanks Sarah
Friday 15 September 2017 4.12am
I too remember Mark Gilmore. He and his brother Tony Gilmore used to live above me at Campbell Buildings, until the flats were demolished them. They then moved to Oval. I saw Tony on Kilroy show once.
Friday 15 September 2017 4.18am
My name is Nicky. I live at 154 Campbell Buildings with my mum and sister Winnie.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions