London SE1 community website

Waterloo memories 1966-1978

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Friday 9 March 2018 10.27pm
Yep that Family was us!! :-)
Sunday 17 June 2018 7.25pm
Hi all. I'm delighted to find this forum. I was born in 1961 in 231 Campbell buildings in my mum's bed as were my sister and brother. The eldest 2 brothers were born elsewhere. We moved when I was 8. We must have been posh as we had a bath in the kitchen ! My dad was an electrician at Waterloo station. I can remember Bertha and Kathleen who lived upstairs, the Nutman's I think they lived downstairs, aunty Millie lived further along the block and my best friend Debbie who was older than me lived opposite. There were 5 of us kids. Anthony, Colm, Sharon, Celine and Paschal. I remember learning to ride a bike in the square, playing knock down ginger and run outs. The penny apeny tray at perdoms and Dontbe grocer. We went to st Patrick's Catholic school in Cromwell road.
Monday 18 June 2018 8.32am
Celine,
I believe you mean the school you attended was;
Saint Patrick's Catholic School
Cornwall Road
Monday 3 December 2018 6.18pm
Hello my name is Ben Lynch and I lived at no 10 Campbell buildings with my parents
And my 2 siblings.
We were there during the early 1960s until my parents split up and as it was a railways flat we had to move. I have a really happy childhood and was getting into
All sorts!
It has been very nostalgic to read all the comments.
Now one of the main reason to email the group is that during our time at CB I was
Playing with a group of kids and jumped over the walk to retrieve a ball ....
I fell Down a hole and fell onto steel reinforcing units one of the other residents
Came over the fence to help me he was able to release my leg which was scewered
To the steels and undoubtably save my leg. So thank you whoever you are.
Thanks to you I was able to make a full recovery.
The rest of the time at Cb was less dangerous .....
Kind regards all
Ben
Friday 21 December 2018 2.34pm
We had the same childhood in Peabody Buildings ,duchy street.great days.I went to London September for a reunion with my old friends and school friends and was sorry to see so much change.Although a lot of our back streets were still there like Roupell Street.Great days ...
Sunday 24 March 2019 12.41pm
Hi I am pete i had some friends who lived in Campbell buildings don't know if any are on here .Richard Gilloway.Terry Gilloway.Josie Slade .Paula Partridge.Julie Partridge.Linda Perkiss.and from Canterbury house Cathleen McGrath who went to Joanna School we were there about 1962
Tuesday 26 March 2019 3.52pm
There are some photos on face book memory s of lambeth
Wednesday 27 March 2019 2.14pm
I had some friends there Richard Gilloway and his brother Terry
if anyone remembers them we saw the paint factory on fire I think it was called Agee
Wednesday 3 April 2019 11.38pm
Roger Middleton wrote:
Hi David
I remember Mark Gilmore we went to school together at Johanna. . Remember Paul Ayres, Ian Mason, Paul Gascoigne Tony Stone, Julie Bateman
Many memories

Hi Roger

I remember you, I think you may have been the year below. I had Jane Gascoigne in my year. My sister Frances was in your class, I think (I was Matthew back then). Others in my class were Paul Rutter, Kevin Fowl, Keith Mills, Mickey Callaghan, Steven King, Diane Bishop,

As you say, many memories

Matt Tee
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions