London SE1 community website

Ideas for empty newsagent's shop in Flat Iron Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Friday 6 March 2009 3.17pm
Yes, it is very good and has all the usual nuts and bolts, wood, tools etc etc....everything for the DIY'er and....the perfect pair of bright yellow dungarees needed for a colleague's fancy dress outfit of a clown for a corporate dvd!
Sunday 8 March 2009 4.38pm
It's the most 'kitted' out diy store I've ever come across, actually rather impressive.
Monday 9 March 2009 10.45am
I have probably missed the boat, but I would like to see a Launderette, somewhere in the Area, and this would be perfect.....would like to get rid of my washing machine and get a dishwasher instead. With all the properties going up in the areas, this could be a booming place.
Monday 9 March 2009 12.42pm
SJS22 wrote:
I have probably missed the boat, but I would like to see a Launderette, somewhere in the Area, and this would be perfect.....would like to get rid of my washing machine and get a dishwasher instead. With all the properties going up in the areas, this could be a booming place.

Hi SJS22 - I'm afraid you have missed the boat ... as I mentioned earlier in this post - the owners have decided on a bakery and will be refitting the premises over Easter.

I guess that ends this post now.
Sunday 10 May 2009 6.42pm
Mini Haha, there doesn't seem to be much action at the shop and the sign 'to let' is still up. Is the bakery still going ahead?
Tuesday 19 May 2009 12.40pm
Alas no. I've just found out that they decided not to take on the lease after all - not sure of the reason. It's a shame though - wonder who will take over the premises.
Tuesday 23 June 2009 4.43pm
I met the new owners at the weekend, they seemed really nice. Bit of a shame that they are going to be keeping it as another newsagents/shop. However they are going to be opening late nights and weekends which is welcome as the other shop seems to shut so early! Should be opening at some point this week apparently.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 12.32pm
Thanks for the update naynay - I'm disappointed at it being another newsagent too - I was hoping for a chemist or a haberdashery (though the latter would be a bit of a long shot!).

I was under the impression that the other newsagent closed earlier due to lack of customers after a certain time.

Anyway, it's nice that it'll no longer be empty.
Wednesday 24 June 2009 8.01pm
Can't see how it will be any more successful than the previous newsagent. Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions