London SE1 community website

Moving to SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Sunday 1 March 2009 7.25pm
parts of Walworth Road are in SE1 6 under!.....in a big city a postcode is not always a very good indicator for safety.....crime travels!
Monday 2 March 2009 10.03am
Instead of the more trendy areas, why not try the low profile areas of SE1 like some of the side roads off St Georges Road. Incidently I leave and return for work at all hours of the day and night and use the buses around the Elephant area frequently. No matter the hour there are always lots of people about.In ten years I have not encountered any threatening situations. There is also a more 'real' community feel as the population is a lot less transient. It all depends on what you are looking for really. Good luck!
Monday 2 March 2009 11.33am
I have lived on Wellington Mills estate for 9 years and never encountered any trouble - but then the place is behind the Kennington Road police station...Try looking on Westminster Bridge, Kennington or Lambeth Roads. There is a good baker, late opening convenience stores, chemist, restaurants, pubs all close by. You can walk to the West End in 15 minutes - or there are plenty of buses and Lambeth North tube station. War museum has large open spaces to play games (not war games - I mean footie etc)
Monday 2 March 2009 10.33pm
INDOMIE wrote:
parts of Walworth Road are in SE1 6 under!...

Whoops! You are quite right.

Back then (when), I lived in the Pullens flats - which are now behind the new Miami-Vice style apartments (flamingo court etc etc..). And back then you had to be HARD just to walk down the road. :o)

As to areas of SE1, I would second what others here have said about looking at areas here where you may be a little less close to an artisan rosemary focaccia, but still close to a tube.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions