London SE1 community website

SE1 postal service problems (now closed)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Current: 11 of 13
Wednesday 17 March 2004 8.34pm
To follow on from what Ants said, I, too, have no problems with my post - as far as I know, none of my post has ever gone missing. But I live in a block of flats, and we have the same postman everyday - he actually has keys to the building so that he can access our mail-boxes, and I think this might be what makes the difference. (Actually, thinking about it, there have been times when our regular postie has been away that I have received no post for days, and then received loads at once.)

But again, to echo Ant, I'm not denying there is a problem - there is obviously some criminal activity going on. I just hate the thought of our brilliant postman reading this and thinking that everyone associated with the Mandela Way sorting office is being tarred with the same brush.

I really hope this is sorted out soon.
Wednesday 17 March 2004 10.09pm
Having said that, you did not receive any Valetines cards!
Now, how strange is that?
Wednesday 17 March 2004 11.27pm
Mmmm.... that's true!

I suspect the postman is in love with me, and in a fit of jealousy tore them all up.
Thursday 18 March 2004 12.41pm
More tales of woe. I received a neighbour's giro cheque today. It was clearly marked for a different address.
Sunday 21 March 2004 5.31pm
I rang postwatch on Thursday to complain about my abused envelopes. On saturday i got a very apologetic letter, promising all sorts of action. Also in the (untampered) envelope was a book of six first class stamps by way of apology.

The next day i discovered that a cheque i sent a month ago has not reached its - Streatham - destination.

I spoke to the South London Press and they seem keen to take up our story.
I have also taken my postie's name and written to the boss (Mr Phelan - see my earlier post) at Mandela Way.
jac
Monday 22 March 2004 1.16pm
Have just found out that a cheque that went missing last year has been paid into an account opened in my name in Nov last year, less than a month after my a cheque card was stolen in the post and used. Not sure when exactly when the cheque was posted but I suspect the two are linked.
Tuesday 23 March 2004 11.21am
Harry, Jac, and anyone else who hasn't sent their details of problem postage to me yet, can you do so asap. I need all the details (your address , dates and items missing), so it can be investigated properly. The more info we have to go to the press, and to pass on to Cllr Porter, who is liasing with the police, the better! Also Fedora and Jo Green, can you send your postal details to me too?
Many thanks,
Hat

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 1 February 2006 10.31am by James Hatts.
jac
Tuesday 23 March 2004 2.52pm
Hat - I emailed you before writing this post, but didn't give my address. I will do that now so let me know if you don't get it or didn't get yesturdays email.

Post edited (23 Mar 04 14:55)
Tuesday 23 March 2004 3.00pm
Hat,

I have also mailed you with the details I have - have you received these ?

Tuesday 23 March 2004 3.35pm
hat, thanks for collating everything, just about to send you a mail with the details of the stuff of mine that's been pinched.

cheers!
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Current: 11 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions