London SE1 community website

SE1 postal service problems (now closed)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Current: 12 of 13
Tuesday 23 March 2004 4.54pm
I finally got the cheque I had been waiting for since December - after much negotiation with the company that had sent it - I had had to threaten legal proceedings to initially get it, so there was a lot of bad feeling. However, stupid me posted it to the bank from the Borough High St, so the bank have not received it 3 weeks later. So, the cheque saga goes on.

Definitely still getting mail in bulk - nothing on Saturday and then 12 things yesterday. Nothing else has turned up though. My credit card statement came yesterday - only posted on the 12th, so I should be grateful - have until 31st to pay it, so more than half of the time I had to prepare myself to pay it has vanished....

Just want this sorted - it is getting ridiculous.
hat
Tuesday 23 March 2004 5.01pm
I've gor Rach and Jac's emails, but not yours Harriet - unless you email from a very non Harriet-ish email address...? Send it again if not!
Thanks to everyone who's sent emails so far - so much stuff has gone missing!!! (not that we're surprised...)
hat
Tuesday 23 March 2004 5.35pm
Hat did you get my email?
hat
Tuesday 23 March 2004 6.19pm
Yep, got yours Tanya...
hat
Tuesday 23 March 2004 9.44pm
Hat,

I've resent my e:mail from work and you should now have it.

Thanks again

H

Tuesday 23 March 2004 11.41pm
Hat, thanks for doing this: really great that you do this!
Wednesday 24 March 2004 9.15am
I was just thinking about this thread this morning whilst listening to the Today programme, on which there was an article about the possibility of postal voting for the European elections -- can you imagine postal voting in SE1??!
There would have to be a delay in announcing the results by a factor of about three weeks, along with adjustments for lost / stolen votes!!
Monday 29 March 2004 10.12pm
sorry, i am a bit late with this... but i also had a cheque stolen and paid into a bogus account in my name.

all this happened end of january 2004. pretty outrageous i would say, the pattern seems to be there....

watchdog is definitely a good idea, since the hands of the police are tied as identity fraud isn't an offense in the UK as such (theft of mail and cheques obviously is). the theft of the cheque will be investigated by the police, but the ordeal with the consequences of somebody using your id you have to live with.

thanks for the links hat, i will definitely get in touch with experian to prevent this from happening again. did you send the list already or do you want me to forward you the details by email?

schnake

hat
Tuesday 30 March 2004 10.26am
Hi Schnake,
There's still time to send me your details - a small work crisis means I'll finish compiling the list by the end of this week, and have a press release ready for approval by monday...Also Fedora, I still need your address to add your complaints to the list.

Thanks,
Hat
Tuesday 30 March 2004 4.17pm
all done. thanks hat.
really appreciate this.
schnake

Pages:  PreviousFirst...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next
Current: 12 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions