London SE1 community website

SE1 postal service problems (now closed)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 13
Thursday 26 February 2004 6.04pm
On sunday morning I ordered several books from amazon and they arrived on tuesday, but the videop tape my mum posted me on Sunday evening has not yet arrived.......am giving up hope on that one....................what to do I wonder?

Jo
Wednesday 10 March 2004 6.15pm
I am still very unhappy about the Postal Service. I received a pile of post today that should have been delivered a week ago. Also last weeks Time Out came today. I am so sick and tired of this.
Wednesday 10 March 2004 6.39pm
it's great that you continue to write to the list. Simon Hughes efforts are appreciated, and they may help, but to me they have not sorted the problem out.

I think we need an actual rooting out of the problem within the sorting office or whichever individuals or teams that are the problem.

Unless they get properly dealt with this will continue, it's a nightmare.

So, everyone, keep logging the complaints. When I get back from foreign climes I will contact Time Out. (that will be in July.) If anyone fancies doing it sooner, then that would be great.

we need to keep the pressure up.
Wednesday 10 March 2004 6.52pm
I have contacted Time Out and they have already changed the way they send it: now in a white anonymous enveloppe. That helped for a while. But the last couple of weeks the nightmare is back again.
Wednesday 10 March 2004 8.47pm
Actually I meant Time Out editorial - ie so that the issue gets bigger pan-London media coverage. That would really up the pressure on Royal Mail etc to sort it out.
Thursday 11 March 2004 9.56am
I've not had any post at all for a week. I'm expecting a big pile of it to arrive any day now.
I actually thought it was ok the last few weeks, I was getting a fair amount of stuff on time.
Thursday 11 March 2004 10.08am
Someone has sent me a letter, also in SE1, last Friday and I still did not receive it. So SE1 to SE1 takes a week.
Thursday 11 March 2004 11.29am
I would encourage as many people as possible to take part in Research International's ongoing survey on postal services. It is based on indivuiduals both in residential and business addresses sending test items on behalf of them and noting the received items on their forms. They are looking for new panel members, e-mail them at [email protected] if interested. As a reward you get free stamps to last a lifetime and shopping vouchers (5 a month). At least this way they get to know, how bad the service around here is.

I have started and am a "sender and receiver". Received two items this week, have to record the time and date they arrived, and then sent out 4 items this week, again recording when (time and date), where (exact post box or post office - there is a number on each box) posted etc. Mail is coming and going from all over the country but it would be excellent if we had many in SE1 and surrounds taking part as this would surely highlight the local problems. The ultimate client is Royal Mail.
Thursday 11 March 2004 12.50pm
As a long time lurker and sufferer of postal problems in SE1, I thought I'd update you on a conversation I've been having with Postwatch (the consumer complaints body for the Post Office).

I sent the link to these pages to my contact over there, and they're putting together a full report on SE1 problems - which is, as you might expect, quite considerable. I believe they're getting in touch with Simon Hughes as well.

They're going to update me on this as it develops, so I'll let you all know.
Thursday 11 March 2004 12.53pm
well done, thanks for that nancy!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 6 of 13

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions