London SE1 community website

Car parking advice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 29 January 2004 8.32pm
Have been in the Roebuck a few times, having just moved round the corner from it. Really friendly staff,nice atmosphere and good mix of people. The only thing missing is food but apparently they are planning to start this soon.It is a good spot for a weeknight beer or two.Haven't been in at the weekend.
Sue
Thursday 29 January 2004 11.10pm
Don't you need some sort of permit thingy in a residents parking zone? Sounds too good to be true! It would save us about 35 (NCP), but I bet it'd cost us a damn sight more to get a clamp removed.

Are there signs to let us know where we can get away with it?

Sue.
Friday 30 January 2004 8.36am
The Roebuck is a decent enough pub - it serves loads of beers, friendly staff, just a shame so many students go there! I suppose the "Show your Student Card for a discount" helps....

I agree with Ivanhoe that there are many better pubs within the near vacinity.
Friday 30 January 2004 9.37am
Right. That's it. I'm going to have to go to the Roebuck and give it a chance.

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Friday 30 January 2004 9.41am
You taking along your Student Card Ivanhoe?
Friday 30 January 2004 10.28am
Sue

Residents parking is pretty obvious - there are signs telling you when you can park.

You do NOT need to spend 35 in a ncp carpark.

Grange is certainly free at weekends - the zone south of tower bridge road, east of the old kent road as far as (I think) the railway line.

Look at Southwark's website, southwark.gov.uk and search for 'parking zone' http://www.southwark.gov.uk/OurServices/transport/CPZ/ControlledParkingZones.html

good luck
Friday 30 January 2004 11.38am
LOL Steven.

It's been a while since I thought I could swing a student discount. [Even longer since that thought was considered reasonable in anyone else's eyes!]

Friday 30 January 2004 1.26pm

(groan) no pub for me this weekedn (can't even type straight) - have the kin dof hangover you only get from too many vodka shots and polish dumplings - went to the Polish bar in Holborn - which (i seem to recall) had a very congenial atmos.
Friday 30 January 2004 2.10pm
I went to the Polish restaurant (NKR - end of Harper Rd) last weekend. Good.

Friday 30 January 2004 2.20pm

you don't think of it as a naturally scrummy national cuisine - lots of cabbage, cheese, raw fish & pickles and the like - but actually they have some really good dishes... Perhaps I should give the Polish restaurant a try time.

hmmm, I had an early (greasy) lunch at 11.00 so hungry again now - off to Borough Market for some... not sure... they don't do hangover food really. Oh, the people who ran the caff on Park Street have got a hole-in-the-wall stall thingumy.

(sound of door slamming and then footsteps rapidly receding, up Borough High Street).
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions