London SE1 community website

Champor-Champor - Forget It!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Ian
Sunday 14 April 2002 1.37pm
I was in Champor the other night and they were saying that they've had a lot of people coming in to try the place for the first time just because of this thread!

On the subject of price, although you couldn't describe it as cheap I think it is great value - especially the wine list - for what you get. I reckon anyone in any part of London would describe their area as needing more "cheap wholesome dining outlets", I don't think it's an SE1-specific issue! I actually think we're pretty lucky to have a such diverse range of prices and cuisines like Champor, the Leather Exchange, Honest Cabbage, Arancia, Bankside and Tas to name a few in the area.

Whilst I'm on the subject - has anyone ever been to the 'Merlin' place ("traditional English Fayre"!) on Weston St? I've lived here for over 4 years and have NEVER seen the place open apart from once or twice when I was stumbling past about 2 in the morning and there were a couple of bouncers on the door and lights on inside and noise coming from inside. I've been curious about the place ever since and now someone's finally bought and appears to have flattened most of it. I imagine it's destined to become another block of Luxury City Lifestyle Acommodation.
Monday 15 April 2002 11.19am
seems Joni Mitchell is as relevant now as ever...
'you don't know what you've got, til it's gone'
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions