London SE1 community website

Cheap Cafe/Greasy Spoon 5 mins from Tooley Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 23 April 2009 12.36pm
I'd recommend Al's cafe as well.
Friday 24 April 2009 2.30pm
Thanks very much for that! Very helpful. We'll be outside the GLA Building so all those are quite handy and I come up Borough High Street so looove El Vergel. I tend to walk around the area a lot but with work moving there I would be disinclined to be spending 10+ a day on food!

Thanks again!

PS Maries in Borough Market is better for take away but can be, as most Borough Market related food, a little pricy for what you get. Better than some though!
Friday 24 April 2009 4.27pm
If your scooting past El Vergel worth mentioning Terry's on Great Suffolk St for a truly class greasies.
Friday 24 April 2009 10.24pm
I forgot Suchard's Thai restuarant - one of my favs!
Monday 27 April 2009 9.06am
Thanks very much everyone. You've been very helpful!
Monday 11 May 2009 1.31pm
Tanners at 142 Tanner Street probably is the best place to eat felafel, kebab wraps, sandwiches, drinks etc. They are very friendly, cheap, and clean. Try it out. You will love it.
Monday 11 May 2009 10.32pm
Try Cafe Rossi in Borough High Street. It's just opposite the junction with Southwark Street on the same side as London Bridge Station... The steak sandwiches are the best ever...!!!!!!
Tuesday 12 May 2009 9.09am
El Vergel, definately the best - but such a shame about blocking Lant Street. This move has truely spoilt the area, this was an historic road, with a fantastic aspect view from El Vergel down towards Borough High Street. For the amount of times the children actually use the road to run up and down on - so far - this was the definately the wrong decision. This has robbed the community of an important thoroughfare. The wide open green spaces of Mint street park, good for running on lay unused.
Tuesday 12 May 2009 4.57pm
I wouldn't personally have a problem with the closing off of the street if they sorted out that horrible hoarding. Is this temporary until a more considered scheme is in place?
Sunday 10 March 2013 5.10pm
Thanks for this thread! I was looking for a greasy spoon today too & tried the Cat & Cumcumber but they are closed on Sundays :(
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions