London SE1 community website

www.ushare.co.uk

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
ood
Tuesday 28 April 2009 10.11pm
Hi All,

I've just read about this site www.ushare.co.uk in a letters page in the Cash section of the Observer (takes me a while to read the paper).

The idea is the site facilitates people to share various items rather than buying them - you get points for loaning out and use points to borrow.

Am quite excited about it, especially in these cash crunch days. Also sounds like a fun way to get to know people and build a community 'n all that good stuff. Am thinking of setting up a SE1 group - what do people think?

(I haven't done it yet as the search function seems a bit wonky so not entirely sure someone hasn't already done it!)

Orenda
Wednesday 29 April 2009 5.03pm
Yes please,I could do with borrowing a drill.
ood
Wednesday 29 April 2009 10.52pm
Ok, I just set it up!

I haven't bothered to post up anything we own yet. However, we do in fact have a drill so if you'd like to contact me off-list (private message? I haven't actually done that before) please feel free and we can probably work something out.

Orenda
Thursday 30 April 2009 12.27pm
Ah great, thanks, I'll pm you.
Saturday 2 May 2009 11.06pm
I am the second member of the SE1 group.

I do hope this site works out - great idea.

Kevin
Sunday 3 May 2009 7.10am
Anyone who needs to borrow anything...I'm always ready.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions