London SE1 community website

Boris and the "habitable" bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Wednesday 3 June 2009 2.02pm
Not this load of old cobblers again.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 5.53pm
mickysalt wrote:
Not this load of old cobblers again.

the London Bridge competition is purely for fun

micky, 'baah, humbug' should be your signature. Before you dismiss this with yet another damning comment, can you at least acknowledge the concept of 'fun'?
Wednesday 3 June 2009 6.11pm
We already had a competition for an inhabited bridge , which produced a wining design that was no more than just an excuse for a riverside sky scraper.

The other designs were regarded as an unnecessary obstruction to riverside views.
And the whole idea scarped.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 6.23pm
There you go again, ignoring the question. Consistent, at the (very) least. That s'carp', indeed.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 6.40pm
If you 2 don't stop, there will be no pudding after your dinner.

Now, is this plan for a house on a bridge or a house that is a bridge?

Thanks
Wednesday 3 June 2009 6.41pm
A competition for fun may well produce a better design as the designers wont be bound by the commercial need to make as much money as possible out of it. Which rendered all the finalist for the original competition
Unacceptable.

However I think for London the way to go is improving existing bridges like the way the Hungerford bridge was revamped as the golden jubilee bridge. Improving views down the river , not obstructing them.
Wednesday 3 June 2009 6.46pm
ok Boss, I'm off to stop banging my head against a micky wall and have some pudd. cheers all.
Thursday 4 June 2009 12.17pm
Also as I'm supporting the London Olympics I don't think its me that is the baa humbug,
I also supported the Hill which would have been a genuine innovation that would have enhanced the area around it without damaging Tower bridge .

Building on London bridge would completely block views of tower bridge from the river side

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3358/3341390192_522b9af8d7_o.jpg
Friday 12 June 2009 12.43pm
I forgot to mention I would be in favour of a temporary Market bridge with stalls on it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3358/3341390192_522b9af8d7_o.jpg
Friday 10 July 2009 12.19pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3994

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions