London SE1 community website

Weston Street, SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Saturday 9 May 2009 8.24pm
Can we please not have the circular pro/anti police argument yet again? Such discussions only seem to attract people with axes to grind one way or the other and it's very tedious for the rest of us.

If you must continue this more general line of discussion, please take it to a separate thread over in Chatter.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 9 May 2009 9.18pm
he started it
Saturday 9 May 2009 11.24pm
Neerah, neer, ner, neer nah.
Monday 11 May 2009 9.26am
Getting back to the original question, it seems the victim was a DJ called Sami Sanchez

According to his MySpace profile he is in a coma:

http://www.myspace.com/djsamisanchezmuzik

Also this Facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113707657976

The strange thing is that the police say this incident happened on Sunday morning, but Facebook (and one of the victim's friends) tell me categorically it was the early hours of Bank Holiday Monday.

Monday 11 May 2009 9.40pm
The man attacked is my good friend Dj Sami Sanchez. The attack happened after an event at which he was djing (La Bomba) in the early hours of bank holiday MONDAY morning. He is in a coma and we are all hoping for his recovery but the extent of the damage these thugs caused leaves it uncertain. Please if you know anything, speak up!
Tuesday 12 May 2009 7.53pm
boroughmark wrote:
But I assume that Debrajoan and Tom Pepper posting above wouldnt be so quick to speak badly of the Met if they ever had need of them.....do they have any 1st hand experience to justify their negative comments ?

Fortunately bm I've never been in need of them.
I have no desire to perpetuate this, (at James request), but I had first hand experience on Monday of sitting motionless for what seemed like forever in Strand while the Met contemplated their navels and let a whole swathe of the capital come to a halt.
Friday 5 March 2010 12.24pm
Very pleased to read this:

Miraculous recovery of beaten DJ at Putney Hospital

Friday 5 March 2010 2.16pm
what a heart-warming story - let's hope the guy makes a good recovery. What an appalling example of what can only be described as gratuitous violence; the effects of some yob(s) thinking it's funny to attack someone live on much longer than media/local interest. I sincerely hope he gets his life back to some semblance of normality.
Friday 5 March 2010 5.34pm
lets hope he continues his recovery and the sods that did it get incarcerated....
God Bless Him and his Doctors.
Friday 5 March 2010 5.56pm
they closed the tunnel for several days because, upon hearing recently that the Met overtime bill was leaked and going to be cut, that they'd better make the most of it!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions